Promotion Playoff with two clubs from different competitions

joaquin87

Hi, i'm trying learn to use advanced rules. I understand a little bit, i made some leagues with promotions and relegation (with playoff even) using 'stages' but now I need to take two clubs (or more) from differents competitions and create a playoff final and i don't know how to do it. I have a league system with 4 levels, first and second are 'simple' competition; third and fourth are 'parent competition' (with many competitions in).

moyKKY8.png

(sorry for the f*cking paint, i made anything quick)

Each box is a 'competition' -is the best way for this system (too much to explain)- but I have problems when I try to make a 'promotion playoff' with a club from "Third Division - Zone A" and other from "Third Division - Zone B". The same case with Fourth Division: I need to face in the promotion playoff a club from "Fourth Division - Region 1" and other from "Fourth Division - Region 2".

'Fourth Division - Region 1' rules: The league's winner will be promoted to 'Third Division' and the runner-up will qualify to 'promotion playoff' against the runner-up of 'Fourth Division - Region 2'. This is only a example, this system aims to have 'parent competition' with 10 or 20 competitions in (each one will be a domestic league).

What is the way that I should follow to create this promotion playoff? with a stage as the regular PL? with a new competition? How?

Ohh, by the way, pardon my french :onmehead:

• 2 weeks later...

I answer to myself.

I copied the model of the Italian Serie C. This division include three competitions:
-Serie C/A
-Serie C/B
-Serie C/C

With nearly 20 clubs each one. Each winner (3) is promoted to Serie B and the next 9  clubs (total 27 clubs, adding three competitions + 1 by winning "Italian Coppa Serie C") are classifed to promotion playoff. A total of 28 teams compete in the knockout stage and only the final winner is promoted.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017–18_Serie_C#Promotion_play-offs

I don't explain very well, but you could see the Italian Serie C's model and use it if is you need create a promotion playoff with clubs of differents competitions.

On 18/10/2018 at 09:52, joaquin87 said:

Hi, i'm trying learn to use advanced rules. I understand a little bit, i made some leagues with promotions and relegation (with playoff even) using 'stages' but now I need to take two clubs (or more) from differents competitions and create a playoff final and i don't know how to do it. I have a league system with 4 levels, first and second are 'simple' competition; third and fourth are 'parent competition' (with many competitions in).

moyKKY8.png

(sorry for the f*cking paint, i made anything quick)

Each box is a 'competition' -is the best way for this system (too much to explain)- but I have problems when I try to make a 'promotion playoff' with a club from "Third Division - Zone A" and other from "Third Division - Zone B". The same case with Fourth Division: I need to face in the promotion playoff a club from "Fourth Division - Region 1" and other from "Fourth Division - Region 2".

'Fourth Division - Region 1' rules: The league's winner will be promoted to 'Third Division' and the runner-up will qualify to 'promotion playoff' against the runner-up of 'Fourth Division - Region 2'. This is only a example, this system aims to have 'parent competition' with 10 or 20 competitions in (each one will be a domestic league).

What is the way that I should follow to create this promotion playoff? with a stage as the regular PL? with a new competition? How?

Ohh, by the way, pardon my french :onmehead:

Create stages under parent competition. Try to create this in basic rules - when you convert to advanced - you will see how editor created this.

hace 11 horas, krlenjushka dijo:

Create stages under parent competition. Try to create this in basic rules - when you convert to advanced - you will see how editor created this.

Ty. I already found the solution. It was easy, but I am a noob in this haha

Is there a way to edit existing rules during your save? Say I start a save in Serie C and the promotion rules change IRL, as they are quite possibly going to over the next month. Is there a way for me to just update things myself so as to avoid needing to wait for the official patch and starting my save all over? I assume the answer is no, but this is all very foreign to me.

Archived