Looking for tips on managing in Northern Ireland

Hi, I'm managing in Northern Ireland at the moment and I'm struggling to get my reputation above 1 star. What is the best way to do this? I know reputation is gained by cup and league wins but I doubt NI cups/leagues will get me much rep. That just leaves the Europa League/Champions League and I don't think I'll have much of a chance of winning them! Do you get big rep gains for playing in the group stages of these competitions?

Yep - you get rep changes every game. So even if you don't get as far as the Group Stage, beating bigger sides in qualifying will be a big help. And within a few years of good management getting into the Europa group-stage should be a realistic aim.

33 minutes ago, Spurs08 said:

Yep - you get rep changes every game. So even if you don't get as far as the Group Stage, beating bigger sides in qualifying will be a big help. And within a few years of good management getting into the Europa group-stage should be a realistic aim.

Cool, thanks for the response! I'm in the Europa League group stages atm, so hopefully my rep will rise soon! My long term plan is to get to the point where raiding Africa and, eventually, South America for regens is feasible (which is all to do with rep, as getting work permits on appeal is easy in Northern Ireland) and then I should be able to construct a pretty formidable side.

Archived