Managing in South America - Copa Libertadores

I have never done a South American save before.

Thinking of doing FLA or maybe a Columbian or Chilean team.

How does the  Copa Libertadores work? I thought FLA Should be in it but it doesn`t say they are in the competition when you load the game.

Brazilian football is so competitive they might not have been - are you starting 2017 or 2018?

I know in Argentina there's 4-5 in Libertadores and 4-5 in Sudamericana, I think Brazil has slightly more., so if you're a half decent manager you should get in after one season. If they're in Sudamericana that can be fun - its straight two-legged knockout from the beginning.

I believe there's no qualification places through cups, its all leagues. I can link a good beginner's guide to Argentine football if you're interested, haven't read much on Brazil bar Cleon's tactics.

5 hours ago, IRONTUSK said:

How does the  Copa Libertadores work? I thought FLA Should be in it but it doesn`t say they are in the competition when you load the game.

Libertadores is basically like CL, but have 2 finals.
And if you play on Brasil, expect to have a lot of competition, the big teams have almost the same strenght between themselves. (I am brasilian by the way,any questions, I am here)

ok thanks, by 2 finals do you mean two legs? or there are actually 2 different winners?

I think i`m going to go with FLA - I like the look of them and they have Diego : )

12 hours ago, masno said:

Libertadores is basically like CL, but have 2 finals.
And if you play on Brasil, expect to have a lot of competition, the big teams have almost the same strenght between themselves. (I am brasilian by the way,any questions, I am here)

22 minutes ago, IRONTUSK said:

ok thanks, by 2 finals do you mean two legs? or there are actually 2 different winners?

Two legs, although IRL they are considering the possibility of changing to one in a neutral venue.

As he said, brazilian football is competitive. Perhaps it's the most... volatile league among the relevant ones in the world. The big teams get relegated once in a while and domination keeps changing.

Archived