World Cup / international Tournaments

Birnir Snær

Hello again, 

I have a few ideas, but i want to ask how best to present them, should i make a single thread for each or one big thread with all of them presented ? 

World Cup in FM is very under utilized i think.  I as a manager i am always subscribed to the WC when it comes around but i almost miss it, the only reason i notice it is because my players get called up.  This item should be very publicized / Important in the the "world of FM" when it finally rolls around it should be the front menu item every time you press continue. Right now i have to dig down into the interface to even find the games that are being played or see results. I know maybe not everyone think this should be front material of their Management carrier when they are a club manager, but maybe a month before the tournament you could have a button like for when the transfer window closes that you could option in or out to participate in the tournament. You could be offered a job analyzing the games for a TV station or you could decide to watch it from the couch at home :)

At least the results of the games and top 5 players form the games should be plastered over the screen when you press continue.

The WC is an example, i feel all international tournaments should have more importance. For me WC and Euros are the biggest, but others like Copa America and Africa cup of nations, would probably interest others more. 

Also the results of the tournament dont seem to have a big influence in the game. Players reputation for performing well at a WC should skyrocket while a under performing one should take a hit. Most large clubs now dont want to discuss transfers of players involved in WC until after the tournaments, this could easily be implemented too.

Would be interesting (in theory, and probably a little redundant and mind numbing in current media implementation), as a high reputation manager, to be offered a punditry job during major tournaments. Maybe be offered jobs in your home nation at first, but as your reputation increases, offered punditry position for other nations broadcast.

• 3 months later...

Archived