Manager reputations

Tald

Probably been suggested before, but would love it if managers could develop reputations for things - I.e. working with youth/giving youngsters a chance, being a relegation fire fighter, playing expansive football, able to handle big egos and tough dressing rooms, etc.

If you think of Poch at spurs, or Pep vs Jose, younger players seem to have a preference for development, and managers like big Sam are guaranteed to get a job when a chairman gets anxious in December. It would be interesting to see how the way you interact with clubs and players around the world as you gain a reputation - for instance if I've a track record of keeping teams up, maybe I get a job of a slightly higher level at a struggling club than I would otherwise - or if a club has an aging squad in need of a rebuild an application is given consideration.

You do build up a 'reputation' of sorts on your profile window.

Stuff like 'likes to promote youth' etc are in there already, but I am not sure how it affects any job opportunities etc.

It affects, I've checked it out. I'm very good managing finances (always over 90%), so I receive a lot of job offers from teams in financial peril. I guess all the other Manager characteristics (like preference for domestic players, media handling, etc) does affect too in a similar way.

• 5 months later...

Archived