Future bug fixes for FMM2018

I would be really grateful if someone from SI could confirm whether a planned update has been, or will be scheduled in the coming weeks or months.

It would be great to have some reassurance that FMM2018 will receive another update in order to fix a large number of bugs that have been reported on these forums.

There are a lot issues still plaguing the game and I would hate to think that FMM2018 will no longer be supported.

• SI Staff

Hi Dean,
There are no plans at present for another bug-fix update for FMM18.
We would however like to hear what bugs you and the community feel are affecting your enjoyment the most at the moment so we can prioritise these if the situation changes at any point.

Thanks for the reply James. I will be honest and say that I find this hugely disappointing. A large number of bugs have been discovered since the game was released yet many of them remain unresolved. What makes this news more depressing is that some of the bugs identified in FMM2018 were prevalent in previous versions of FMM (so we're seeing them appear in every new release). I appreciate how the FMM development team is considerably smaller than its bigger FM brother and I understand how you need to divide your time between fixing/updating FMM2018 and developing FMM2019, but a lot of FMM2018's issues were reported to SI early on in the games release but they still remain unresolved. It really does spoil the enjoyment factor of FMM.

I obviously don’t speak for everyone but I’m quite disappointed that the following bugs and issues have not been fixed:

• Player rating bug where poor performing players will receive ratings of 6 or 7 and above despite receiving red cards, scoring own goals, or just general poor play (you rarely see a player receive a rating below 6 even if you lose 5-0).
  • Manager reputation bug where a manager’s reputation is slow to progress despite the player achieving success early on in their career. This can lead to (but is not specifically linked to);
  • Club hire / vacancy bug which sees very little activity in either other clubs approaching you to take over or clubs rejecting your job application despite having a suitable reputation level (or suitable amount of success).
  • Transfer bug which has many issues including problems bidding wars, problems with the contract negotiations, the option to buy players after a season long loan, erratic AI transfer activity (basically every transfer issue that has been reported and is still under review)

I’d welcome feedback from other FMM players who share my views on this. I’d also welcome SI to reconsider their plans on not releasing another bug-fix.

Archived