Hey all,

1. Story

Having watched, as a Turkish fan of Fenerbahçe, the misery of Beşiktaş against Bayern München with one man down getting tarnished, I instantly fell in love with attacking mentality of Bayern München there.

Whenever somebody would arrive at byline, at least 5 options would call out for the ball in the box, effectively rendering any kind of defence useless - 5-0 was a score quite fortunate for Beşiktaş that terrible night, if you ask me.

Therefore, hating 4-3-3 plague's guts that took over the football scene for more than a decade now, I wondered if I could emulate Bayern's offensive capabilities to some extent and came up with the tactic of the following layout (I am in no way any belief that I could emulate Bayern, they just inspired me that night):

UY4ygP0.jpg

It is an offensive tactic that scores for fun enabling me to scoop the Eredivisie title with the humble squad of my all-time favorites, Vitesse, 3 games to be played before the end of the season. It would actually be decided with 4 matches left however I acted stupid enough to create pressure on them the rookie squad that crumbled under and got defeated 3-2 to relegation zone contenders. Anyway, crowning was delayed for only one match.

8NjQEMw.jpg

2. Strengths

The tactic relies on high tempo with very few meters among blocks, recycling possession as quicker as it can in its default shape and executing direct passes, breaking up any defense so far (scored 6 away from home at Anfield, conceding 8 in the process too).

I made some tweaks here and there to conclude on the roles and duties as well as player-specific instructions and am very eager to know how 4-4-2 Atta, Turk! would work out for you guys.

For a quick reference, below are the Team Instructions:

GR7wCyd.jpg

The tactic possesses ability to score because (1) your wide midfielders can make through balls or receive FB crosses to score (2) any one of your Strikers can drag and stretch the defence to create a chance for his partner (3) a foxy defender can mortar a direct or a diagonal ball for your pacey DLF or, if close enough, his more static AF partner.

3. Weaknesses

The very same blade the tactic wields. 2 strikers.

Since the defensive line is high up the pitch and players love to spread around the field although it is a Normal width I am using, I have happened to see that when your opponent uses a 2-Strikers formation, consider keeping your defenders a bit deeper and taking down the width down a notch so that FB's can act as bolstering forces against marauding attackers as you try to fend them off. But remember that those two tweaks add to your creative abilities so try to keep a balance by changing it back and forth during the game i.e. if opponent is not overwhelming you (yet), keep default instructions until you score a few and then act accordingly etc.

This part of the tactic still might need contributions though - I would love to hear your "hey, popsicle, I did this and it gave me 34 clean sheets a season" kind of modifications.

4. Choice of Players

First and foremost, your Center Backs should be athletes. If you have to choose between two CBs one of which is a slower guy with better attributes and a swift one with less desirable ones, go for the latter. This tactic does not claim to be the stalwart bus of Mourinho.

I would suggest Wide Midfielders possessing enough Vision to spot out the right choice between a Striker moving into a channel or an overlapping Full Back. They do not necessarily have to be explosive guys though.

Keep a pair of hardworking Central Midfielders that can tackle. If they know how to move into channels and kick the ball with some technique, even better. I am a huge fan of Alejandro Chumacero in that regard.

Make sure your DLF is pacey and has enough balance since he will be receiving balls comparably deeper and will need to rush it forward.

If you have a Jardel or a Ruud Van Nistelrooy, like Tim Matavz I have, that you love watching him score loads, he is your primal choice of the Advanced Forward. Although I have used Saber Khalifa who is very quick, in matches where I saw that Matavz was wasting too many fastbreak opportunities due to his sluggish build.

5. Opposition Instructions, Tactical Briefing and Other Crabs

I am not a fan of OIs although I am not convinced that my stance is a rightful one. Since I want my Assistant Manager to take over tactical briefing, tactic may end up with OIs anyway. Watch and tinker.

If you somehow fall short in a game, you can always gung-ho your squad to claw back. The tactic has a huge hunger for risk so Overload does not turn things upside down for you, if it doesn't work.

6. Training

Overload Tactics team and match training pre-season and keep at it until your guys can play your mindset blindfolded. Then switch to Defensive Positioning for Match Training and Team Cohesion for Team Training to reap unity awards. Remember, the tactic is a very fluid one and it acts like an amoeba slushing its innards as necessary to move around rather than three or more blocks of specialized platoons going back and forth.

I also would advise on getting Full Backs who like getting forward whenever possible.

7. Download

Grabby grabby.

Please give this a shot and tell me how it pans out with your team. Sorry for any obscurity or inaccuracy with the messages I tried to deliver. Thank you.

"Peace at home, peace in the world"

I lead the league and have qualified from Europa League groups as leaders.

As always, Fenerbahçe, like Vitesse, is the top club in Tackles Won and Crosses Completed stats. Mentioning being the team with Most Goals scored would be blasphemy.

Also, this time, in contradiction to my flight with Vitesse, Vincent Janssen, who is AF of the tactic is the Top Goalscorer and the one with Most Assists. It was Luc Castaignos (DLF) with Vitesse.

Souza, who is primarily a defensive midfielder tops the Most Key Passes list in this game as well.

I really wish somebody else would evaluate this tactic too.

I was on 18.2.2 with Vitesse and am on 18.3.0 with Fenerbaçe, by the way.

I am trying with Gateshead last four games. Media prediction 11th at Nationwide, England. It is an attacking tactic that's sure, but I conceded a lot too.  

image.thumb.png.242c05313ba3de879ff6f9519b6e519c.png

The conceded goals came all through balls...

image.thumb.png.c1eca4908a7160e35b337df6dc5e85a9.png

I do not have a great defenders; 

image.thumb.png.2920f994b81a1c8ab4f33684fcd2cc86.png

Away game I went "Balanced" to "Fairly narrow" as team shape and "Control" if I am front. At home game, I left as attacking.

image.thumb.png.85e6287c3a0506525be149ac93f4d918.pngimage.thumb.png.584136b1031891af3b2898fecbabfa7f.png 

Away game:

image.thumb.png.462dc17dd6c821110cd89255f409c932.png

It is an attacking tactic definitely. 

image.thumb.png.e0592fe14978c6ecaa622a5d8a628c25.png 2x CM (Support) joins the attack higher the pitch, although 2x Central Defenders push high the center circle on attacks. Then if we loose the ball, guess what! a long overhead ball (as always) thorough the middle to their ST to punish us.

image.thumb.png.0a81fcb331ad3fbe78c92ca619588200.pngimage.thumb.png.807c5d9c34572565cc3874f72bcb7a18.png   

image.thumb.png.bcd2a6b5b74620c54d7d741386c57b28.pngAs you see 1xST from opponent and they are 2-1 up against me at this stage.  OK, I am underdog, I am not a strong team but look at my team shape it was not exposed badly apart from the quality of players I have... 

Suggestions (I did not tried): 1x Stoper, 1x cover Defender ---or really pacey and high tackler defender possibly might do! Or 2x Ball Playing Defender (Stopper)...

There are 2x CM with support; 1 might be Box to Box or Ball Winning or Defensive Mid to give an extra cover in case if you loose the ball up high the pitch. 

Sorry it took a long shot to give you a feed back. Definitely there is a potential to improve. 

(Istedigin gibi taktik cagrina cevap verdim)

image.png

image.png

@Matt98 Thank you very much for your time. Yes, the tactic needs improvements although I definitely would not recommend switching to it in the middle of the season.

@Cuper That's very weird. Can you post your usual eleven please? I am starting a Swansea game right now - I would not be surprised to see tactic stumbling here and there but definitely not making you relegation candidates.

I know I started middle of the season with your tactic; although I was playing another 442 with 2xDMid (slightly dropped); so the the team was not strange to it, having said that any another new tactic drops your fluidity.  But I was fed up with three defenders versions and started with 442 as I like the format and wanted a new challenge; so went for a lower league. 

Since FM17, there is a huge demand for 3 defenders and they are all doing fine. I have been there and done it. FM18, until recently, yes I was playing with 3 at the back and I was getting promotion(s), cups etc...

Last couple of games I started to tweak the defence. I need to try and see and will give you update. 

22 hours ago, Pretended said:

@Matt98 Thank you very much for your time. Yes, the tactic needs improvements although I definitely would not recommend switching to it in the middle of the season.

@Cuper That's very weird. Can you post your usual eleven please? I am starting a Swansea game right now - I would not be surprised to see tactic stumbling here and there but definitely not making you relegation candidates.

here's the first eleven, i rotate mostly andre ayew and xadas on the left, also tried xadas on the right wing but without success

20180317202708_1.thumb.jpg.80f267e13efce8f1e843693e35c38f38.jpg

This is last four games with tweaked version. Still early days, I can see a bit improvement but not that I expect.

image.thumb.png.bfb8b7823cfdd9863a0e73643e6d96af.png

This is the changes:

image.thumb.png.d3e409060378b9a19fdddfb966e85931.pngSince a lower league team, I believe 2CMid will do; 1x Support and 1x Defensive and looks like a bit fixed. On attacks my CM defender stays a bit deeper hence gives a bit cover if we loose the ball. I just changed the roles of L/Right mid roles since my MR is pacer than the left. The defenders set as 1x cover and 1x stoper combination. This way; I am hoping  1 defender stays a bit deeper to recover or prevent opponent ST go thorough.

The main challenge here is avoiding leaking goals. I will try to tweak "Team Instruction" in due course to see if it will improve. 

@Cuper By the way, I started my game with Swansea too with a few duty edits along with drawing team shape to Fluid. I saw the guys you have been using for Swansea at the heart of the defence and although I admit tactic was leaky, as I undelrined in my first post, those CBs would add to your team's demise - they are SLOOOOOOW.

First thing I've done at my helm at Swansea, I sold that tandem and brought in pacey defenders with at least 14 at Acc and Pace.

12 hours ago, Pretended said:

@Cuper By the way, I started my game with Swansea too with a few duty edits along with drawing team shape to Fluid. I saw the guys you have been using for Swansea at the heart of the defence and although I admit tactic was leaky, as I undelrined in my first post, those CBs would add to your team's demise - they are SLOOOOOOW.

First thing I've done at my helm at Swansea, I sold that tandem and brought in pacey defenders with at least 14 at Acc and Pace.

will definitely try with i a better defence

Archived