Training O. Dembele

Hi,

I've been wondering how should I train one of the best wonderkids out there - Ousmane Dembele.

I've never had him in any long save but plan to start one with FCB. What would you think its best for training for? I want him to be the next world's best inside forward.

For the first phase I plan to switch his squad status to Rotation so I can tutor him because his personality doesn't really match his talent (potential ability). I hope he won't get unsettled once I reduce his squad status. I'm aiming towards improving professionalism so he could have his peak at a younger age, also a higher Determination would not hurt.

I recently found one screenshot from sortitoutsi of him at 29, but I guess he was trained as a winger, since his Crossing is quite high:

Ousmane%20Dembele_%20Overview%20Profile.

Any suggestions?

I suspect here he might me trained/developed by the AI and most likely wasn't tutored as his Determination is not so high at 13.

I would choose the Trequartista role for his training actually (now available for AMRL positions ) regardless of what role you use him in your tactics. His acceleration and pace are high enough already and you don't need to train that any further to waste CA points. His metals and passing ability need the most work, so I would focus on those. Hence the Trequartista role training (it does train Agility, but all the other roles train more physicals and Agility doesn't use that many points). He starts with good PPMs and I would add "plays one-twos" and "gets into opposition area". 

I would tutor him with Messi to increase his professionalism. But make sure you select the bottom option so there is no transfer of PPMs. Dembele can play equally well on either side, as IF or Winger. The Winger role will give him the most variety in his game due to his PPM to cut inside from either wing. Coupled with the role instructions of a Winger, it will actually make him a hybrid between IF and Winger.

10 hours ago, yonko said:

I suspect here he might me trained/developed by the AI and most likely wasn't tutored as his Determination is not so high at 13.

I would choose the Trequartista role for his training actually (now available for AMRL positions ) regardless of what role you use him in your tactics. His acceleration and pace are high enough already and you don't need to train that any further to waste CA points. His metals and passing ability need the most work, so I would focus on those. Hence the Trequartista role training (it does train Agility, but all the other roles train more physicals and Agility doesn't use that many points). He starts with good PPMs and I would add "plays one-twos" and "gets into opposition area". 

I would tutor him with Messi to increase his professionalism. But make sure you select the bottom option so there is no transfer of PPMs. Dembele can play equally well on either side, as IF or Winger. The Winger role will give him the most variety in his game due to his PPM to cut inside from either wing. Coupled with the role instructions of a Winger, it will actually make him a hybrid between IF and Winger.

Thanks, yonko. Actually never thought of training him as TQ, more of a Raumdeuter, but now I will vary between the two. Brilliant. 

About tutoring, I think Suarez would fit better, as he's Perfectionist and since Dembele has a bunch of ambition. Anyway I'll use both for tutoring.

Really depends on what kind of player you want him to be. For me - as I'm a big fan of the Total Football - I want my players to be as all-round as possible. This is why I mostly train the positions that cover the most areas of the player's attributes - even if I don't even play them on that specific position. I never play with Complete Wingbacks - but I train my defenders on that position because it trains allot of attributes. 

8 hours ago, Kelvinu said:

Thanks, yonko. Actually never thought of training him as TQ, more of a Raumdeuter, but now I will vary between the two. Brilliant. 

About tutoring, I think Suarez would fit better, as he's Perfectionist and since Dembele has a bunch of ambition. Anyway I'll use both for tutoring.

Why do you want to training him using the RMD role? Suarez is a Perfectionist but has poor Sportsmanship and Temperament. Messi tutoring will improve all Demebele's hidden attributes.

If you want to switch between the roles for training, do it in at least 3 months cycles or even half and half of the season. But I wouldn't use a role that trains too many of his physicals. The AP role would've been perfect if it didn't also train his Acceleration and Pace too. It covers the Metal attributes he needs training the most - Anticipation, Composure, Decisions, Teamwork. If anything I would switch between TQ and AP roles for training.

How do you plan to use him on the team? And how is the whole team set up in terms of tactic?

13 hours ago, herne79 said:

Not quite all.  Only the ones that can affect personality :thup:.

I meant to say personality hidden attributes. I just missed the "personality" word. Hopefully he understand me and if not your correction will certainly help.

Archived