Promotion/Relegation Playoff

PaMi 7

Hi mate, I need your help, please.

I'd like a Promotion/Relegation Playoff sets in this way:

at the end of Regular Season, top 4 teams of 2nd tier play Playoff each other (1vs4, 2vs3) in semifinal and final. Winner of final match plays against last team in 1st tier for a promotion in 1st tier.

1) Is it possibile to do in this way?

2) If yes, how I have to do?

Thank in advance, cheers

1 hour ago, PaMi 7 said:

Hi mate, I need your help, please.

I'd like a Promotion/Relegation Playoff sets in this way:

at the end of Regular Season, top 4 teams of 2nd tier play Playoff each other (1vs4, 2vs3) in semifinal and final. Winner of final match plays against last team in 1st tier for a promotion in 1st tier.

1) Is it possibile to do in this way?

2) If yes, how I have to do?

Thank in advance, cheers

who is "mate" here? :hammer:

21 ore fa, SpurrBeeversWoodBuxton ha scritto:

In the second tier, set the playoff to have four teams entering, one team qualifying for upper division playoff. In the top tier, set the relegation playoff to one team from this division, one team from lower division and one team relegated. Job done.

First of all, thanks for your answer.

I set in this way:

3310t90.jpg

Is it correct?

It doesn't work well:

the last team in top tier play against the team that finished in first position after Reagular Season 2nd tierand, if it (last team of top tier) loses, it relegates in 2nd tier.

After this match (last team of top tier VS team that finished 1st after regular season in 2nd tier), begin promotion playoff between the top 4 team in 2n tier. Winner of this playoff doesn't promote in the top tier (only if is the same team that win match against last team in top tier).

There is my file: can you check this please? India.fmf

It seems to be working now. I've tested it in the editor using the "test competitions" screen.

Just one thing though; I had to move the date of the supercup because it wouldn't let me run the test otherwise. You should be able to move it back without it causing an issue but I forgot to do it, sorry.

India.fmf

Il 5/1/2018 in 17:53 , PaMi 7 ha scritto:

It doesn't work well:

the last team in top tier play against the team that finished in first position after Reagular Season 2nd tierand, if it (last team of top tier) loses, it relegates in 2nd tier.

After this match (last team of top tier VS team that finished 1st after regular season in 2nd tier), begin promotion playoff between the top 4 team in 2n tier. Winner of this playoff doesn't promote in the top tier (only if is the same team that win match against last team in top tier).

There is my file: can you check this please? India.fmf

It doesn't still work, I show you screen on test game:

ISL_Classifica.thumb.PNG.7acfdac2224483b8b282456c279037ff.PNGILeague_Classifica.thumb.PNG.2e3e1f11bbefdabb4eafadfff31352b2.PNG

As you see, FC Pune would play against the winner of I-League's Playoff but FC Goa play against East Bengal, first team in I-League's standing, and play BEFORE Playoff begins, not AFTER.

ILeague_Playoff.thumb.PNG.b154741553100e374a9f2dd694872244.PNGISL_Playout.thumb.PNG.906931380e0a0f8412d66455e44626e2.PNG

Any ideas?

@krlenjushka sorry but I didn't see your message before :(

Have you any ideas about on, please?

Il 8/1/2018 in 10:38 , PaMi 7 ha scritto:

It doesn't still work, I show you screen on test game:

ISL_Classifica.thumb.PNG.7acfdac2224483b8b282456c279037ff.PNGILeague_Classifica.thumb.PNG.2e3e1f11bbefdabb4eafadfff31352b2.PNG

As you see, FC Pune would play against the winner of I-League's Playoff but FC Goa play against East Bengal, first team in I-League's standing, and play BEFORE Playoff begins, not AFTER.

ILeague_Playoff.thumb.PNG.b154741553100e374a9f2dd694872244.PNGISL_Playout.thumb.PNG.906931380e0a0f8412d66455e44626e2.PNG

Any ideas?

@krlenjushka sorry but I didn't see your message before :(

Have you any ideas about on, please?

Up

Il 12/1/2018 in 16:17 , krlenjushka ha scritto:

sorry i forgot to answer.  you can make this in advanced rules. set promotion playoff in level 1. qualify winner for playoff in level 0.

in level 0 set relegation playoff with 2 teams.

Thanks.

Can you show me editor screen, please?

I am pretty sure you would need to use the advanced editor for this. The standard editor puts out a promoted flag to the winner of the promotion playoffs, you  need a flag that sends them into the final round. However, I do have an idea for you (depending on how clever the logic is in FM).

Do not set any playoff in the second division, remove them all.

In the first division, set a relegation playoff. Select that one team from the top division is selected, and 4 teams from the lower division. This automatically puts your 5 teams into the same stage with the same outcome (one team gets promoted/relegated, or the top division side stays up).

Now, I do not know how that will work out in terms of the rounds by default. However, if we want to play around with seedings and rounds in the advanced editor, it will be much simpler to do it with this setup.

Give this a go, and see if it works first (at least in selected all 5 sides, and has some logic in the way it sets rounds).

Archived