Constantly nervous player

I have a player (Rasmus Nissen) who I bought 3 seasons ago as a Hot Prospect, since then he has played around 35 games from start. During this period he has started every game as "Looking very nervous". I never play him in important matches because he messes up, but even against really poor oposition he is always nervous.

My team-talk when he plays is usually the option where I tell them "No pressure". I've tried being hard as well but he is just Nervous or Very Nervous.

How can a professional football player be nervous for 90min every time he plays? He can't even be enjoying football, is football a phobia he is trying to overcome? 

I will be forced to sell him because his nervousness has turned his average performance this season to 6.2 and he have 8 yellows in 10 games. He is a liability more than a football player.

i've been told that this improves with game time, but after 3 seasons I guess this guy isnt!?

Under the coach reports does it say that he doesnt enjoy big matches? 

To be honest I never buy a player that flags up as inconsistent or that doesn't enjoy big matches.

I'd sell this player if i was you

49 minutes ago, Karnack said:

My team-talk when he plays is usually the option where I tell them "No pressure". I've tried being hard as well but he is just Nervous or Very Nervous.

How can a professional football player be nervous for 90min every time he plays? He can't even be enjoying football, is football a phobia he is trying to overcome? 

Have you considered that it's maybe NOT pressure that's making him nervous (since it's obviously not helping) but rather a lack of confidence?

2 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Have you considered that it's maybe NOT pressure that's making him nervous (since it's obviously not helping) but rather a lack of confidence?

I have, thats why I try to mix up the pre-match talk. I usually get good feedback from him, yet he starts the game very nervous. Thats why I try to play him in matches with worse opposition so that he has a chance to shine. He never does. He is considered a Leading player for my division. 

40 minutes ago, Carninho said:

i've been told that this improves with game time, but after 3 seasons I guess this guy isnt!?

Under the coach reports does it say that he doesnt enjoy big matches? 

To be honest I never buy a player that flags up as inconsistent or that doesn't enjoy big matches.

I'd sell this player if i was you

Nope, the only con he has is that he might have a competitive streak.

I never do either, doesnt enjoy big matches, inconsistent and injury prone har big nopes for me but this guy according to my best scouts got none of those.

Hmm its odd then.

You did well to spot it in the first place as I pay little attention to how players are feeling during the game.... maybe i should start :)

last thing you could try is see if he can be tutored by a senior pro with a decent personality. Whats personality does this kid have? 

Just now, Carninho said:

Hmm its odd then.

You did well to spot it in the first place as I pay little attention to how players are feeling during the game.... maybe i should start :)

last thing you could try is see if he can be tutored by a senior pro with a decent personality. Whats personality does this kid have? 

Good idea, some months until the transfer window so I will see if tutoring can do something.

He is Fairly Ambitious

Archived