Need help Tactically?

I'm trying to become familiar with the whole match plans tactic.

However I find my formation changing from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-4-2 with my AZ save during matches, even when i use the instant result option.

I have not included the tactic into my matchplans so why does it change automatically, and when i change it back to a 4-2-3-1 does that mean my match plans are then thrown out the  window?

Errrm can’t help you bud. Sorry, I don’t quite get it either. I’m managing Aston Villa after spending a good month and a half trying to find a good championship team to manage, playing a tactic of my own design looking to transition into something resembling total football. Any tips? My tactic is a 4-1-2-2-1 narrow with an adjacent striker. The roles and PI’s are as followed

GK: GoalkeeperD)

FB: WB(S/A)/CWB(A)

CB: CD(D) (I want BPD but our players don’t fit the mould)

DM: DM(D) (again, this time wanting an Anchor Man, no one can play comfortably as one)

CML: BBM(S)

CMR: DLP(S)

CAML: SS(A)

CAMR: AM(S) (PI’s are hold up ball, dribble less, shorter passing, close down less)

STR: CF(A)

We play on control mentality with a fluid shape. TI’s are higher tempo, play narrower (how ironic), normal defensive line and closing down, play out of defence, exploit the middle (again ironic), shorter passing, pass into space, retain possession, be more expressive.

what are your thoughts?

50 minutes ago, SmileFaceGamer said:

Errrm can’t help you bud. Sorry, I don’t quite get it either. I’m managing Aston Villa after spending a good month and a half trying to find a good championship team to manage, playing a tactic of my own design looking to transition into something resembling total football. Any tips? My tactic is a 4-1-2-2-1 narrow with an adjacent striker. The roles and PI’s are as followed

GK: GoalkeeperD)

FB: WB(S/A)/CWB(A)

CB: CD(D) (I want BPD but our players don’t fit the mould)

DM: DM(D) (again, this time wanting an Anchor Man, no one can play comfortably as one)

CML: BBM(S)

CMR: DLP(S)

CAML: SS(A)

CAMR: AM(S) (PI’s are hold up ball, dribble less, shorter passing, close down less)

STR: CF(A)

We play on control mentality with a fluid shape. TI’s are higher tempo, play narrower (how ironic), normal defensive line and closing down, play out of defence, exploit the middle (again ironic), shorter passing, pass into space, retain possession, be more expressive.

what are your thoughts?

What is the point of some of those PIs? You're already playing a very narrow formation, how does telling your team to exploit the middle and play narrower help at all? Your team is already going to play through middle and play narrow so what do the TIs achieve?

As for the roles, even if a player doesn't "fit" into the role if they have the attributes to play it there is nothing wrong with using them in that role.

The TIs shorter passing and pass into space contradict each other too, you're asking them to play simple passes and at the same time try and pass into space in front of teammates? + In a control/fluid system the players will already try and play risky passes too.

It seems that most people having trouble with tactics always have way more TIs than they need, you can still create a specific style of play with just roles mentality and shape.

Could be that your assistant manager is controlling it when you instant result it. Did happen to me before, I went on holiday, changed the settings there where they should follow my tactics ect.. immediately came back and it was fixed. 

Ok, I’m gonna take off play narrower and shorter passing, with retain possession the passes will be shorter and play narrower may contradict what I’m trying to achieve with the compleate wing backs. I’m also going to put it on very fluid to try and move towards my goal of English total football. Thanks for the tips

Archived