The Happy Isles of Oceania: A Journeyman Career in Oceania

abirdc

tOkuZ9T.png

W-what?????!!!!!!!!

ZQtdmb8.png

Let's see what happens. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, I will be really thankful to Tiga Sport board if this happens. I could only be linked because now I completed my Continental C License, which was funded by them.

lOXLtOj.png

A quick update, I am currently sitting in the first position of the league, with 7 games gone.

UMV8Lhm.png

While playing against Wellington in OFC Champions League, not in my widest dream I imagined that I would be managing this club in a few months.

I5wa57O.png

When I left Tiga Sport, they were comfortably sitting in the first position of the league, without losing any match in the season, be it friendly, league match or Champions League. Good luck to them.

While I was happy, being able to get a job in New Zealand so easily, that too in a team that is the runners-up of OFC Champions League, as soon as I checked their finance, blood drained from my face. :ackter:

klWehGe.png

Yeah, we are over 1 million pound in debt.

6wqJv1V.png

And guess what, our best player wants to leave the club.

Did I make a bad decision here? :idiot:

Team Wellington FC was formed in 2004 by a consortium of Wellington clubs to compete in the New Zealand Football Championship. The uniform was yellow with black shorts, utilizing the primary sporting colors of the Wellington region. They play all their home games at David Farrington Park in Miramar.

HrHyh6V.jpg

cGZCixP.png

AQ09ln0.png

Have to say, the scenery around the stadium is dope.

5b8DeFg.png

This time, I will be travelling almost 2250 km to my new job. The small dot in the upper portion is Stade Pentecost, the home of my previous club Tiga Sport.

z1ARoPE.png

The facilities are huge upgrade compared to my previous clubs. Sadly, given the present state of finances, I have no hope of upgrading them any further for now. The board already rejected my plea for Continental B License due to their huge amount of debt.

Sorry for the late update guys, have been quite busy the last few days.

Pre-Season

kWfckPr.png

A great pre-season, which was almost as long as a regular season. We totally dominated all the matches, and I am hoping for a pretty good season now.

WVCmjor.png

The media is predicting us to be third, and I hope I can achieve even more.

CdRCa0K.png

Three own goals from the same time!! I am glad that I am the one benefitting from this.

KJnWPyI.png

And say hello to my new Ass man, sorry I mean Ass kid.

McPSJCN.png

A decent transfer window. We had problem in goalkeeping area, which was solved by Teitur Matras, a Faroese international. The pick of the bunch is however the following guy:

5yG3igd.png

Demba Senghor is simply too good for this level. He has high attributes even for bigger league, and he is only 19 years old!

I don't understand what is happening. After such a decent pre-season, suddenly the players have forgotten how to play football. The league table after 6 matches is following:

PTN87J9.png

8rsudPd.png

We have simply been abysmal. Hawke's bay, a team whom we dominated in their home, dominated us in the league in our backyard. We have not won any game, and scored only 2 goals so far, with all our forwards missing countless chances in each match.

P85W6Pu.png

Dynamics has been a huge issue for our downfall. Joe Stevens, a leader of the team exclaimed that he lost trust in me in the pre-season, when we were winning all our matches. I promised him that I would improve my leadership support.  After our recent bad form, he openly started whining about moving away from club. And guess what, almost all influential players support him too.

4D5lp7m.png

The board just called for a meeting, which will likely decide my future.

XlrOUKY.png

On a different note, my former team Tiga Sport won the league *sigh* It was honestly easy, considering that they were already way up when I left the team.

y7ZZ1Bz.png

There goes another silverware for my career.

Not to mention, my first team Outer Islands have won the league 3 times in a row.

KAiNNk5.png

1.%20New%20Job_zpsmcintmwo.png

Association Sportive Dragon is a football club in Papeete, Tahiti. They play in the Tahiti First Division, with home games at Stade Pater, in Pirae.

4.%20Facility_zpsvypp2zxf.png

Image result for stade de la fautaua stadium

The club was founded in 1968 by Arthur Chung to represent French Polynesia's Chinese community. Over time the team has evolved to include a diverse mix of cultures.

They also have a bit of history, winning the Tahitian First Division 3 times (2 times in real life).

7.%20Cups_zpsewcnbkf1.png

ICHtPGZ.png

2xfHEcV.png

As you can see, the Board wants a mid-table finish, with 15 matches to go. We are however, placed 9th in the league, in relegation zone. However, we only have a 5 point gap between the 3rd placed team and us, so meeting the board expectations is definitely possible. Not to mention, in Tahiti, even if you lose, you get 1 point, and for every win you get 4 points, so it's not that much difficult.

bYz4qPY.png

aLmTd2J.png

The club finances are healthy, and we are only spending half of the wage budget. However, the transfer window is shut, and we can not sign any player for now except unattached players. Checking out the scouting center, there are hardly any good unattached players available, so we will likely have to pass the rest of the season without any signings.

Archived