Change Tactics Screen

herne79

FM18 has given us a new look Tactics screen which, in my opinion, is a step backwards from previous versions.

We've gone from two main panels - team info + formation - to three panels: team info, formation & tactical instructions.  The result of this is squishing the team info panel to make room for the new tactical instructions panel and so leaves inadequate space to make team selection choices as the important information gets hidden.

Prior to FM18 it was simple to look at the team selection information and drag desired players onto the formation.  Tactical settings were still visible at the top of the screen, so nothing was lost.  The two new features on this screen - partnership lines and tactical analysis - could (in my non-technical view) have been included on the old look screen by using the existing formation panel and replacing the section that showed our most recent results for the tactical analysis.

So my suggestion here is to go back to the FM17 UI with the addition of the partnership lines and the tactical analysis.

The new formation graphic I really like, I think theres been good work here. They needed to make it bigger than the old one in order it is big enough to do all the things it now does. Unfortunately this eats up room, which reduces the number of columns that can fit into the list of players (left side).

I think they could improve this column problem by allowing some of columns to be shrunk more smaller than currently.

EG the Position/Role/Duty column should allow abbreciations, so instead of reading 'Deep Lying Playmaker' (which takes up a lot of column width), it should just be DLP (or De-Ly-Pl), and the duty (Attack/Support/Defend) abbreviated to AT/SU/DE.

This could shrink that columns width by about 40%, freeing room to fit in a couple of useful new columns.

And with the name column, if you shrink this column it should reposition the first name and last name onto separate rows, so that the column width can be shrunk.

This might help?

• 11 months later...

Archived