3d kits are not working

zigaliro

33 minutes ago, White Flag said:

3D kits for FM17 and earlier don't work on FM18. There are numerous threads on this topic here.

They are for FM 18. At least thats what it says. They have been released 2 days ago on  sortitoutsi, so it should work as far as I know

Make sure you have installed them correctly - extracted the files and placed them inside the graphics folder in your User Data Location (My Docs folder), also make sure you didn't put them in the same folder as the 2D kits as the config files would conflict.

Turn off the skin cache and reload your skin. You may need to exit and restart the game for them to show, but you can use the view match option on the main menu and view a pkm to check they are working.

Also note like with 2D kits they won't show up if the team is using a comp specific kit so you've best checking against a league match.

If that's not the problem then check the config file to make sure it has been done correctly.

On 5. 12. 2017 at 18:58, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Make sure you have installed them correctly - extracted the files and placed them inside the graphics folder in your User Data Location (My Docs folder), also make sure you didn't put them in the same folder as the 2D kits as the config files would conflict.

Turn off the skin cache and reload your skin. You may need to exit and restart the game for them to show, but you can use the view match option on the main menu and view a pkm to check they are working.

Also note like with 2D kits they won't show up if the team is using a comp specific kit so you've best checking against a league match.

If that's not the problem then check the config file to make sure it has been done correctly.

Huh, still not working. But what do you mean when you said don`t put them in the same folder as 2D. Do I need to create a new folder in "graphics" folder and put them in here, or do I need to create a new folder in kits folder and put it here?

You can put them in the same folder but in that case you need to manually edit the config file to include entries for both 2D and 3D kits, if you download two different kit packs and extract them to the same folder then one of the config files will be overwritten so one of the packs won't work.

Where you extract them to inside the graphics folder doesn't matter, though it's best to use short simple names and avoid special characters. It's best to put them in their own folders within the graphics folder so you don't accidentally overwrite the config files when adding other packs.

If they are still not working, then post up a screenshots showing the 3d match (closest zoom to the players), where you have put the 3d kits and the contents of the config file and we can see what is wrong.

On 12/9/2017 at 11:22, zigaliro said:

Huh, still not working. But what do you mean when you said don`t put them in the same folder as 2D. Do I need to create a new folder in "graphics" folder and put them in here, or do I need to create a new folder in kits folder and put it here?

what i do to avoid issues is make a 2d kit folder in my graphics folder and a 3d kit. then as i get more, i put them in that folder. this may be common sense also but make sure you arent putting the download directly into the graphics folder. most things from sortitoutsi  are in a rar or zip. i made that mistake once with my city pics and couldnt figure out why it didnt work until i looked. blonde moment i guess

On 9. 12. 2017 at 18:33, michaeltmurrayuk said:

You can put them in the same folder but in that case you need to manually edit the config file to include entries for both 2D and 3D kits, if you download two different kit packs and extract them to the same folder then one of the config files will be overwritten so one of the packs won't work.

Where you extract them to inside the graphics folder doesn't matter, though it's best to use short simple names and avoid special characters. It's best to put them in their own folders within the graphics folder so you don't accidentally overwrite the config files when adding other packs.

If they are still not working, then post up a screenshots showing the 3d match (closest zoom to the players), where you have put the 3d kits and the contents of the config file and we can see what is wrong.

Its working now in the match. But in the club's info, its still showing the default kits. Is there a way i could fix that as well?

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 06:33, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Hi Michael

I'm also having a similar issue where most of the 3D kits are not displaying apart from my team's, Liverpool, and the default Watford and Everton. All other teams are just displaying the default kits.

I've tried moving the folders, re-installing twice, clearing cache etc. multiple times with no luck.

Not sure what has gone wrong here and I could use some help

Capture.PNG

config.xml

20171210235245_1.jpg

1 hour ago, jeff roberts said:

Hi Michael

I'm also having a similar issue where most of the 3D kits are not displaying apart from my team's, Liverpool, and the default Watford and Everton. All other teams are just displaying the default kits.

I've tried moving the folders, re-installing twice, clearing cache etc. multiple times with no luck.

Not sure what has gone wrong here and I could use some help

Capture.PNG

What's the folder you have put the kits in look like as the config file looks fine, also check the other subfolders to make sure they don't have any trace of the 3d kits in the config files.

If you cannot find the problem then best thing to do is move all of the folders out of your graphics folder, manually delete the cache folder (instructions here) and then copy back just the folder for the prem 3d kits and see if they work then if they do, copy back each folder one at a time until they either stop working or you have added them all back.

Archived