Sister City Challenge

Introduction

The FM Sister Cities challenge returns although slightly late for the start of FM18. This thread will not be purely for FM18 but a thread which will allow entries from FM15 onward. This challenge gives challengers the opportunity to explore the world and league systems they have never tried before while having the opportunity to pick their starting team. Sister Cities are described as cities that have an affiliation with another city and that is what this challenge is all about. You pick a starting team and then you try to win their domestic league before moving onto a team in all of their sister cities and winning the domestic league with them. So far the challenge, which has had variation in FM15 and FM17, has not had a single completion so can you be the first completion, give it a go and find out.

The Rules

-Start at any club

-Recommended coaching badge and experience for starting club

-Can have any nationality 

-Second Nationality allowed

-No Additional Languages

-No disabling attribute masking

-No use of in game editor or any other real time editor

-All other options allowed

-Any edition from FM15 onward allowed

-Allowed custom databases but these must be from Claasens Megapack (not recommended)

Game Setup

-Load game up with chosen team selected

-Load up each nation where a city that is the sister city of your starting club is found

-Can complete challenge with only in game league loaded as well as Claasens (recommended only using in game teams)

GOOD LUCK WITH THE CHALLENGE

EXTRA INFO

You should be able to find the sister cities of your starting club by looking at your starting cities wikipedia page, an example for FC Porto is found here.

example.thumb.PNG.cbeb00c57899ea5af129ce5b9669373b.PNG

This means that if you were to use the recommended set up of only having in game leagues and no additional league you would need to win the league with a team from each of these cities

Porto (FC Porto)

Liege (Standard Liege)

Bordeaux (Girodins Bordeaux)

Bristol (Bristol City or Bristol Rovers)

Vigo (Celta Vigo)

Crotone (Crotone)

Jena (Carl Jeiss Jena)

Brno (FC Zbrojokva Brno)

Shanghai (Shanghai Shenhua or Shanghai SIPG)

Recife (Sport Recife, Santa Cruz or Nautico)

I'm glad to see this challenge back. 

But the biggest 2 clubs from Shanghai are Shenhua and SIPG. (I guess you could call Shenxin the third biggest club). I know it was just an example, but after the season SIPG had (league runner up, cup runner up, and champions league semifinalist (which because all the top teams are in one half is effectively the final), I'm very protective of them.

@GloryFan2002Are you going to do this challenge yourself?

So you might be wondering where I am starting my career (on FM17, not going to get FM18)

5a23523c589b0_SCAmiens.jpg.a8a25c4f7f5f745135a61604954d5ee2.jpg

SC Amiens 

The French team who in real life got promoted will be my starting team, I chose them mainly because I can manage Dortmund at some point during the save.

So teams I'm going to have to win leagues with then are

Amiens (SC Amiens, of course)

Dortmund (Borussia Dortmund)

Darlington (Darlington 1883)

Bergen (SK Brann or FK Fyllingsdalen)

Nafplio (Pannafpliakos)

Brussels (Anderlecht or White Star Bruxelles)

Rome (Rome or Lazio or Lupa Roma)

Lviv (Karpaty Lviv)

Brighton and Hove (Brighton and Hove Albion)

as you can see a diverse amount of nations and clubs.

Starting Manager Profile

Squad

Key Players

Khalid Adenon

Junior Tallo

The team is alright, could use some additions but with no transfer budget and already being over wage budget that means the loan department is probably where we will do all our shopping. Aiming for a mid table finish however the board just want me to stay up, bit of a far cry from what actually happened

Archived