Terminate FM18: Handbook on Pep Guardiola's Barcelona 433 and the Tactic Pack

Loving this tactic set Mr Hoo, didn't even think it was possible to play this well on this M.E.

Just one question, when Chelsea or some 3 at the back teams go to a 3421 when they need goals and the full backs are pushed up to wide midfielders and 2 behind the striker as SS or Am etc.. How do you then set up to counter this?

3421.PNG.190d7d0b5a8eaac042fabbaba6473796.PNG

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 分鐘前, mcgaffer說:

Loving this tactic set Mr Hoo, didn't even think it was possible to play this well on this M.E.

Just one question, when Chelsea or some 3 at the back teams go to a 3421 when they need goals and the full backs are pushed up to wide midfielders and 2 behind the striker as SS or Am etc.. How do you then set up to counter this?

3421.PNG.190d7d0b5a8eaac042fabbaba6473796.PNG

dont press and mark no. 17/6/16,increase your WB's press.

2 小時前, Nealmason1986說:

Is it possible to swap the F9 for another attacking role?

I have just started with Man Utd and don't really want to waste Lukaku.

Thanks 

i think a F9 is much better than DLFs in this tactic. mourinho should change his 4231 to 433 to improve MU' performance.

5 hours ago, Kurt Hoo said:

i think a F9 is much better than DLFs in this tactic. mourinho should change his 4231 to 433 to improve MU' performance.

Thanks.

I love the look of this tactic but I cant see how Lukaku can fit in and quality F9 are few and far between? Would the next best option be a DLF? have you any recommendations to some tweeks to still get lukaku into the team?

一小時前, Nealmason1986說:

Thanks.

I love the look of this tactic but I cant see how Lukaku can fit in and quality F9 are few and far between? Would the next best option be a DLF? have you any recommendations to some tweeks to still get lukaku into the team?

lukaku is very suitble to 4231 but pogba is suitble to CMa of 433...its a paradox..

On 11/01/2018 at 09:27, Kurt Hoo said:

remove F9 and dont press opposition's keeper and central defenders in OI. and drag back the the advanced guy to defend in freekick and corner kick.

Interesting take. Thanks for the reply. Still works great. 

On 11/01/2018 at 11:58, Kurt Hoo said:

in fact i have changed SKs to SKd and limit the pass range of SK WB CD DM CMa.

What reasons for these changes. Always interested to know thoughts behind tweaking a successful tactic. Does shorter passing for these people make it more clinical or safer?

4 小時前, loisvale說:

What reasons for these changes. Always interested to know thoughts behind tweaking a successful tactic. Does shorter passing for these people make it more clinical or safer?

maybe its a wrong move....the low possession ratio really troubles me. i spend the whole weekend to improve it but get nothing:(

whats your possession and pass ratio?

On 15/01/2018 at 01:44, Kurt Hoo said:

maybe its a wrong move....the low possession ratio really troubles me. i spend the whole weekend to improve it but get nothing:(

whats your possession and pass ratio?

Have to say I’m very happy with the numbers. Most of the time my possession is in high 50s or early 60s and pass completion in the 80s. I don’t see anything needing changed there. This has been consistent with a number of teams across a long career save. 

The real weakness  if there is one is being caught over the top with the high line and attacking wing backs. In tougher games I might  look to either have the wing backs on support or back in full back position as attacking wing backs. They should still attack from there but be in a better position when defending. 

2 小時前, loisvale說:

Have to say I’m very happy with the numbers. Most of the time my possession is in high 50s or early 60s and pass completion in the 80s. I don’t see anything needing changed there. This has been consistent with a number of teams across a long career save. 

The real weakness  if there is one is being caught over the top with the high line and attacking wing backs. In tougher games I might  look to either have the wing backs on support or back in full back position as attacking wing backs. They should still attack from there but be in a better position when defending. 

i have drag back my WB in my own save. l'll release the updated version in the following days.

33 minutes ago, dannyg7 said:

First of all, great tactic, works wonders.
Only problem is, Chelsea... they use the 3-2-2-2-1 formation, any tips? I put the OI as you say to.

a78e41561a11d36ea27e7be6c783e268.png

I was barca vs Chelsea and I played balanced away and control until half time then attack at home and ticked tight marking on Luiz or whoever is the central defender and Fabregas or whoever was the main playmaker, I also set my IF to man mark the R+l WB'S. Never lost in 4 meetings although having messi helps 

1 小時前, dannyg7說:

First of all, great tactic, works wonders.
Only problem is, Chelsea... they use the 3-2-2-2-1 formation, any tips? I put the OI as you say to.

a78e41561a11d36ea27e7be6c783e268.png

one single forward and two wingers or two advanced attacking midfielder?

9 小時前, dannyg7說:

Dropping the wing backs has worked absolute wonders. you are the GOAT

but the CMa' performance still troubles me, his pass ratio is low though i have limited his pass range, and he likes shoot... i dont know if i should minus 1 to his close down coz it seems he lost his defend position sometomes.

22 小時前, dannyg7說:

Dropping the wing backs has worked absolute wonders. you are the GOAT

it seems like the WB should be push up if u r using a HB:rolleyes:, or the HB wont drop so deep to help your centerbacks..

for example, when u face a 3232...

On 1/21/2018 at 03:14, Kurt Hoo said:

but the CMa' performance still troubles me, his pass ratio is low though i have limited his pass range, and he likes shoot... i dont know if i should minus 1 to his close down coz it seems he lost his defend position sometomes.

The CMa is doing way better now with that little tweak, mine has gone from averaging 6.9 to 8.2. Great Shout

Archived