Old European cups

Slapt

Hi everyone,

For FM 16 there are several databases who modify the european cups to the 90s rules. By restricting Champions league to national league winners only, and restoring the Cup winners cup (plus intertoto and other stuff).
One thing I noticed is that all of them have a similar bug of the game not noticing qualifications, even if the competitions work properly.

Basically my problem is that the game no longer recognize the continental qualification rules in the national leagues (see pics below), even if the teams do actually qualify to european cups correctly.
There is no longer any 'ECC' or 'EC' written on the side of the top teams at the end of a season.
For this reason at the beginning of the season it's no longer possible to set "qualify to Europa League" as expectation, only "finish around top of the league"
Despite this problem at the end of the season the teams are properly assigned to the european cups for the next year, although no news of it is given in the game.

I checked several dbs and the edited rules several times but nothing changed.
So is this inevitably caused by the game code if you modify cups or can it be fixed somehow?

I'm using a slightly modified version of this mod currently  

Many thanks in advance.

before after.png

no qualifiers.png

Continental qualification rules are hardcoded and there is no way you can change them. When you add new continental rules, this hardcoded qualification system stops-also coefficients doesnt exist anymore.

There is some workaround but its hard to do and requires good knowlege about advanced editor.

We asked SI to enable this option but i guess they dont know how to make dynamic coefficients without hardcoded part. 

As krlen says

It would be nice to have some feedback from them tho rather than the usual silence 

One of  the issues I encounter due this problem is previous winners of ucl/Europa don't get auto selected for following  years ucl

So given up on trying to edit continual rules

So, basically it's kinda impossible to fix as I suspected. Knowing this I'll save a lot of time I would have used to try to fix it in every detail. 
I'll check if it's the same in FM 18 once I get the game.

Many thanks for the help

1 hour ago, Slapt said:

So, basically it's kinda impossible to fix as I suspected. Knowing this I'll save a lot of time I would have used to try to fix it in every detail. 
I'll check if it's the same in FM 18 once I get the game.

Many thanks for the help

there is a file already done mate

go to sortitoutsi downloads fm18

the same issues still pop up tho

but work has been done for you

On 21.11.2017 at 22:54, kingrobbo said:

there is a file already done mate

go to sortitoutsi downloads fm18

the same issues still pop up tho

but work has been done for you

Last year, as far as I remember, it was an issue, that for the leagues using additional play-off phase (Poland, Netherlands, Belgium, probably Greece and few others), the old style cups only counted the main season winner, and not the final champion. Does Your file solves that?

Well, but there was stated "Despite this problem at the end of the season the teams are properly assigned to the european cups for the next year, although no news of it is given in the game." - so that's why I asked ;)

Archived