FM19 and beyond... Womens football? Do you want it?

Em 27/09/2018 em 07:52, Smurf disse:

I'm not really asking for a full playable female database, although others may want it. 

I would like to see a few news items around womens' football pop up though, with Balon d'Or and other news items, like Female player of the year etc. 

Me too. I remember in previous versions when FM used to show the COB* Awards of Best Football Player/Athlete and was Marta or any man winning

Brazilian Olympic Committee 

Em 27/09/2018 em 08:09, Barside disse:

Will be interresting to hear of any demand for it in Germany as based on the status given to the Women's game it is the most likely country with a potentially sizeable enough consumer base & even then the domestic attendances are tiny.

I am curious about it too

Em 27/09/2018 em 08:22, Smurf disse:

There's even a plan by FIFA to grow the womens game. It's available online. 

FIFA could have taken the advantage of having the UCL to bring the Women's UCL and present it too in The Journey with Kim. It would cool to see everyone playing the UCL in the story. And add the national teams.

Em 27/09/2018 em 08:35, N^G disse:

So what? I could write some fan fiction about my fav tv show, doesn't mean that anyone wants to read it.

Don't really understand the push given the quality is atrocious, as evidenced by women's national teams being repeatedly beaten by teenage men's sides. Also, it is a fad, otherwise it would have attained popularity long before now.

Just because we disagree on one item, doesn't mean we have to disagree on everything.

But mean for sure there would more interesting in Women's Football DB in FM than your fanfic.

And I don't understand why compare men and women if both can't be play together for real? Those are friendlies and it's stupid to compare why everyone knows men are stronger and faster than woman. It's biological. But this doesn't define football skills. Men can be only compared to other men, the same with women. We are not in competition with women. At the final, that kind of commentary looks like fragile masculinity. Always sounds me that way. 

Em 27/09/2018 em 08:59, alexcelsior disse:

Or maybe SI could add the structure and let the players do the database and download if they want to play with it. That doesn't cost more money and players who wants to play women football are able to do it by downloading a database. 

I take advantage of this post and say about a friendly match I played with PSG against a german team, where a female ref was in charge. The skin was a MAN lol. Should add a female skin for female refs at least. 

Em 28/09/2018 em 07:25, Carninho disse:

I 100% don't agree with you on this. its not popular enough to be included. EA FIFA games dropped women's football. 

Then why there are national teams and a female character became main one in The Journey? 

Em 28/09/2018 em 08:02, jcw163 disse:

And yeh it was a joke about when women's football got banned by the FA in 1921 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_football_in_England#Banning,_decline_and_reappearance

In Brazil women playing football was prohibited till 70's. I have read about the English side. I read an article that during the I WW, how there weren't men's championship, the girls are playing and it became more popular than own men's matches, one of the reasons for banning.

Em 03/10/2018 em 10:51, steff13 disse:

3. Some referees and staff are working in mens and womens football, so how that issue will be solved?

4. Will the mechanics of men's and women's football be different? Also the same question about transfers? Because, in my opinion, both these mechanics are different of men"s.

- Maybe creating a filter to separate who works with who, but there will be people that works in both worlds. 

- ME? Yes. Attributes? Yes. Transfers, too. I see the women are more stable for moving from clubs than male part.

Em 11/10/2018 em 18:22, Gangor disse:

It seems to me that SI have benefited a great deal from football to the point where they now have the potential to have an impact on the game itself. If FM decided to include women's teams it would be a news story - articles would be written hailing the increasing influence of the women's game, female FM fans would probably be interviewed on TV. It would, in a small way perhaps, contribute to influencing a new generation of girls to consider playing football or indeed FM. 

So for me, there are three main reasons for SI to add women's leagues to future versions of FM:

- As a feature of the game to add variety and interest

- As something that has the potential to generate a significant amount of positive PR, potentially introducing FM to new players

- As a responsibility that SI has as a cultural influencer to give back to the sport that underpins their business

If you look at any of these in isolation then yeah, it's hard to make a case. But when you take all three together I think Miles and the team should have something to ponder.

Would be great reasons to add. I think it would more impact than add that "coming out feature", that I think it could have been something better than simple to boost club marketing.

Em 13/10/2018 em 04:46, monkeywool disse:

Miles was quite open about this on the stream last night. To do it properly it'd cost about £2-3m to develop women in fm. That would be updating everything thats needed, this is before getting licences. He said they would love to do it but the cost benefit analysis says no. Not until the women's game becomes much nore popular.

Interestingly he said things like the transfer module and the like were already set up for it, the match engine would need an overhaul, new mocap would need to be done and ball physics changed. It wouldn't be just a case of slapping on a ponytail to do it right, and if it's something this big he'd want to do it right.

Em 16/10/2018 em 08:09, RBKalle disse:

Wanna a male example? Futsal is rather popular in many countries (I daresay MORE popular than female football), but should SI develop a Futsal Manager gameworld within FM to cater to that audience? Would it be worth the effort? Nobody in their right mind would say so, then why is women's football suddenly such a priority?

They are different sports, even futsal a football variant. But I think could have futsal in FM, but not like a world apart, hmmmm how can i explain... Ok! In Brazil, football clubs have their youth academies, and some categories (mainly the younger ones) are with futsal. Futsal is a sport that obligates the player think fast and develop all the attributes why you are all the time in DEF/ATK, and quick dribbling/ball control. A large of brazilian superstars had futsal as base, be in club ambient or street one, like Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Robinho, Neymar... Could have, now that new training module, add some futsal drills or when you wanna ask to the board a friendly with new young player against your youth team you could bring some kids from futsal academy of the club (it would for countries with strong relation with Futsal, like Brazil and Spain, where is common football clubs have a futsal part).

Em 16/10/2018 em 08:22, Smurf disse:

I never heard of Futsal until this year, when an England International Futsal player had to give up Futsal as he signed for a Premier League club; and Futsal is largely an amateur sport.

And I know a coach for Shamrock Rovers (a lLeague of Ireland team) and mentioned the Futsal thing to him and he had never heard of it, and this guy has his UEFA licenses, and been involved with football all his life. To say Futsal is more popular is a matter of point of view, and not fact.

However, the first professional Futsal leauge is scheduled for 2018 in the USA. 

I think a bit strange, but it's popular yes, but not in all the countries, like own football. In Brazil, if we considere it as sport and not a football varient, it overpass football due to be easy to be played with all its rules and space. Our street courts are for football or polisporting (football, basketball, volley...). You say about a league in USA, then I guess you are american, no? Because there is more popular the indoor soccer version (with wall around, the ball doesn't go out, where in Brazil is known like "Showbol", being broadcasting even on TV with Foootball Clubs supporting and generally played by some ex-famous players.

Em 16/10/2018 em 10:37, 超级足球狂热迷 disse:

Really don’t need a female football club
Too unrealistic. The gap is too big compared to the men's football
Ca is too low, no fun at all
With these energies, it is better to develop more points in the current league.

If you play in South America, it's realistic. It seems in the next year every team qualified in Libertadores need to have a female club. And CA is too low? It's low for you because you are using male attributes. It would have own rating like FIFA.

Em 17/10/2018 em 10:38, PandoraBox disse:

Futsal is the 2nd most played sports in many countries, and very popular among them, Traditional technique gifted nations are the top futsal nations. Brazil, Spain then Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Italy, Russia, and a few others like Kazakhstan and Iran.

It helps that teams like Benfica or Barcelona also have futsal teams (and were both futsal champions league winners), so they bring huge crowds to the Sport.

I was u15 (1996)and u17 (1998)champion in Portugal with my local team (it was called Futebol Salão by then, after it changed a few rules and became Futsal), and the sport kept on growing and growing. It is now the most popular pavilion sport and 2nd most played sports in the country.

The Portuguese player, Ricardinho being 5 times best player of the world, 4 of them in the past 4 years, also helps the sport to get more popular in here.

About Futsal Manager.

In 2012 or 13 Futsal Manager was developed by a Portuguese guy and presented to public and on TV, with Ricardinho as the face of the game.

The first edition would only have the Portuguese league, but there were plans to add more leagues for the upcoming editions. Players had 38 different skills and the dead balls would have a huge influence on the game.

There was already a 22k waiting list to buy the game. In 2014 they posted on facebook, that it was taking longer because it was really hard to get in touch with the teams, to licence the game, then developer vanished, and nobody heard from the game anymore.

https://www.facebook.com/FutsalManager/

https://www.futsalmanager.pt

I love futsal, so i would definitely buy Futsal Manager

Sad that game didn't come out. I was in that waiting list lol.

Em 18/10/2018 em 16:02, Kenzo disse:

Womens football would be on par with Sunday league, at best. I could genuinely get a few lads together who haven't played at a decent level in 4-5 years and they would wipe the floor with the best womens team in the world.

Wasn't it only last year that an U15 boys team beat the USA Womens national team?

If you are talking about skills, I am laughing about compare a normal guys with who earns the life with it and PRACTICES. 

And you are other one comparing men and women...

Em 19/10/2018 em 17:16, toffee71 disse:

One good thing about it not being ingame.....................................I can have Phil Nev as my AM

And if it were, you could pick him too. I don't think he closed his doors to the men's football. 

Em 22/10/2018 em 05:25, KUBI disse:

Lower Leagues are part of the league structure. Women football is complete separate, there is no interaction with mens football, only some staff like managers or AM, physios could work in both worlds. 

You have a good argument, I admit. 

23 horas atrás, KUBI disse:

I would like to see more women in this game, but not womens football league.

More:

Female chairman

Female managers and coaches

Female journalists

And 

female footballers

making comments. 

I would support at least those topics if were added. 

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I read are poor excuses for people unaware of their sexism. I'd gladly delete all the boring lower leagues and add women. It's a matter of preferences: I like big leagues and I love female football too.

No, we don't need another ME; Women would never play against men, so abilities could be the same but is on the player to take them as relative to their context.

FM must move on and bring this kind of things to expand their range of buyers. Problems won't be solved soon, women leagues or not, so, I rather have female football.

• FrazT locked this topic

Archived