4-3-3 dead in FM18?

I see very few playing with 4-3-3 anymore and i have tryed to hash out a really good tactic with inside forwards and a false nine, the goal is to score alot of goals and Control possession.

I see alot of strange formations, alot of 4-4-2, strikerless, Three forwards upfront, etc, i just want to be play a Classic 4-3-3 which i could Before, score alot goals and have alot of possession.

Thoose 2 seem contractitory in this years FM, i can have a tactic that Controls possession up to 68% and have 25-30 shots a game but only 5 goes on goal. straight to the keeper. or i score alot and allow alot, i have a possesion around 48 % and can win a game by 4-2 as well as loose 3-0 . I have the arguably the best players in the World in the squad, with Goretzka, dembele, veratti, suarez, Messi, Busquests etc but cant get a good possession tactic where i score alot of goals. I can play absolutley gorgeus football but when i do, then for some reasoning  my god given players cant score better than a 10 year old.

Any tips is appreciated and 4-3-3 is vital because of my players.

41 minutes ago, eye-switcher said:

I see alot of strange formations, alot of 4-4-2, strikerless, Three forwards upfront, etc, i just want to be play a Classic 4-3-3 which i could Before, score alot goals and have alot of possession.

These formations mentioned here are well known exploit tactics, I am happy to see that you don't go that road.

Maybe you could post a screen shot of your current team and which tactics you are currently using. I am guessing you are managing Barcelona?

4 hours ago, Ji-Sung Park said:

These formations mentioned here are well known exploit tactics, I am happy to see that you don't go that road.

Maybe you could post a screen shot of your current team and which tactics you are currently using. I am guessing you are managing Barcelona?

How is good old 4-4-2 an exploit tactic?

8 hours ago, eye-switcher said:

I see very few playing with 4-3-3 anymore and i have tryed to hash out a really good tactic with inside forwards and a false nine, the goal is to score alot of goals and Control possession.

Thoose 2 seem contractitory in this years FM, i can have a tactic that Controls possession up to 68% and have 25-30 shots a game but only 5 goes on goal. straight to the keeper. or i score alot and allow alot, i have a possesion around 48 % and can win a game by 4-2 as well as loose 3-0 . I have the arguably the best players in the World in the squad, with Goretzka, dembele, veratti, suarez, Messi, Busquests etc but cant get a good possession tactic where i score alot of goals. I can play absolutley gorgeus football but when i do, then for some reasoning  my god given players cant score better than a 10 year old.

Any tips is appreciated and 4-3-3 is vital because of my players.

My Columbus Crew project uses a 433, I don’t really have issues along with City and Liverpool both of which use different versions of it. I usually play different kinds of games within one match sometimes. 

If I find them sitting back but I have good strong players who are strong in the air, I focus on creating good quality crosses. 

If I find it’s too congested I may go structured and wide or I could drop a bit deeper to let them onto me.

Archived