FM18: Sunderland - Lets get the cats purring again!!!

Magika80

59f9947fd9a79_sunderlandlogo.thumb.png.d3ba728cab12a6dedf27f0c6ca411d42.png

Hello everyone and welcome to my Sunderland career thread..

Its been a very frustrating few seasons for Sunderland and there fans cannot surely be happy that a team with such a massive fanbase in the North East  and beyond can be seeing there team stagger from one disaster to another with a string of high profile managers failing to sort the club's misfortunes out from Advocaat,the disastrous David Moyes era,Di Canio,O'Neill,Allardyce,and most recently Simon Grayson.

This is where i step into the frame to sort the shambles out the size of the task seems huge with the championship being a very competitive league so lets see what happens.

The formation i will be using is a 4-2-3-1 which i will go into detail further in the thread.

This is my first attempt at a career thread guys go easy on me here and i hope you all enjoy it - especially the real life Sunderland fans who have suffered long enough!!!

The Database

I've really just loaded up the English leagues down to Vanarama level as i dont really see myself managing outwith England but that may change throughout the course of the game i guess.

The Squad

Goalkeepers:

59f9996d8b958_snipkeeper.thumb.PNG.75053614e430e4b220905a57975bc006.PNG

There's two good keepers been brought in after the departure of Pickford for 30M to Everton which personally i though was crazy,but looking at the two probably Ruiter will be first choice with Steele a very solid back up.

Defenders:

59f99a2958cf2_defencesnip.thumb.PNG.4f4ede8c6f2d349c4c0423498cb0c522.PNG

Defence doesn't look that bad but the abhorrent level of goals being conceded is crazy,The ageing John O'Shea at the age of 36 surely hasnt got much left in the tank really.The full back areas look pretty half decent.Bit of depth really just needed in at centre half i think.

Midfielders:

59f99b7363235_midfieldsnip.thumb.PNG.aab68b95058a50b401d1e23a05d9c3db.PNG

An area of the squad that looks really strong in my opinion with maybe just one or two good additions needed in here,with the formation that i intend to play this will be quite handy i think.

Strikers:

59f99c082a8b0_strikersnip.thumb.PNG.f5f11a70f022278af2730a936c170d0c.PNG

James Vaughan and Lewis Grabban are the only really decent strikers at the club and reinforcements will be needed as up front is clearly the main weakness.Mcmanaman and Whatmore (not pictured for some reason) will be played as inside forwards in the hope they can cause havoc - a proven goalscorer is needed pronto!!!

Tactic Details:

59f9a2768bbf4_tacticsnip.thumb.PNG.eb69b15ec773901c6279ba28f409c0d3.PNG 59f9a28fd5e3a_tacticsnip1.thumb.PNG.8d4045db0a4921a6745767106a2827e3.PNG

Given the players in the squad i feel that this would be the most suitable setup designed for the team if i am to gain success here this season,whether or not it works is entirely a diffrent matter.There is some very exciting players in the squad and im quietly confident this will work a treat.

Pre-Season

59fc492539516_snip1.thumb.PNG.04a26adf10ce2102a07a7d5731f6f6b2.PNG

A couple of random games which were already setup at my arrival to the club Draperstown,Slaven Belupo and Paris FC saw us labour a little in these games but its still pre season i guess,so i decided to change it a bit and go on tour in Ireland and play two games which saw peformances improve with some tactical adjustments,Then it was back to the match against Darlington who are an affiliate.Overall the second half of the pre season seemed better than the earlier so we will hopefully kick on from there.

Transfers

skysportstransfercentrezo-transfer-centre-january_3060639.thumb.jpg.e99f5c4a14363b31969180d85c5f760f.jpg

59fc4a4a8ecdb_snip2.thumb.PNG.88ecd601aa8c53d1fc5f0b7d29413316.PNG

Craig Forsyth came in from Derby for 3.3M and will provide an excellent addition on the left side of midfield,Had a cracking first couple of games since signing.

Lasse Sobiech the highly rated german centre half came from Hamburg,young player with good potential,will probably replace the ageing O'shea who will leave at the end of the season.

James Tavernier came in from Rangers for 1M,will give Billy Jones competition for the right back slot.

Mohammed Abdellaoue lloks a bargain buy at just 600k from Valerenga stats look good for a forward and will give good depth with Vaughan.Scored two goals in his debut against Newtown Rangers but the step up to championship teams will really see what he can do.

Kenny Mclean the promising midfielder was a good buy from Aberdeen will provide cover to Jonny Williams in the no.10 role.

Lazslo Benes on a season loan from Borussia Monchengladbach will be adequate cover for midfield,the slovakian is highly rated in the bundesliga and at just 19 is one to keep an eye on for sure.

Alberto Bueno was another season (not pictured) in season long loan from FC Porto another good addition to the squad in the season most probably be squad rotation option.

18 minutes ago, DavidBeckham said:

A Sunderland save! Gonna be a huge challenge looking at their struggles in real life. Some solid signings there to hopefully give you a strong start :thup:

Yeh i chose them as in real life they are on a freefall downward of the highest scale so its a good challenge the size of the club to get them back on there feet again..,And im hoping that new guys ive brought in can do a job rather soon!!!

Archived