Show reserve teams in the editor

Darth Rob

Is there a way to get the editor to show reserve teams? 

If you search under "Clubs" for the Croatian Second League it only shows 11 clubs even though there are 12 clubs in the league (Dinamo II is not shown).

Similarly if you search for Dinamo II's ID (24045851) it won't show.

Is there an option somewhere (maybe an xml file?) to get it to show reserve teams as well?

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 22.00.28.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-09 at 22.03.25.png

12 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

You can run "test competitions" and after that reserve teams will be shown but im not what details.

I've tried that and now i'm very confused by what it does. It now seems that 12 teams are showing for "Croatian Second League", however one of them is Segesta, who are actually in the "Croatian Third League West".

It's as if test competitions promoted a team in some way?

Reserve teams still don't show in the search.

Ah yes by going through competitions it appears.

I wanted to see via Clubs though.

E.g: search for all teams in the playable Croatian leagues

I was wandering if maybe it would be possible to edit the data editor xml files to include those, there are lots of files such as club.xml, club ui.xml, club filter.xml under steamapps/common but I couldn't see anything obvious that would change it.

It is possible to search by teams because when you go to add a team to a competition you get the team dialog popup and this includes reserves.

From what I can tell from the xml it seems to be the difference between a "team" and a "club".

Perhaps there is some way to add a team search (like the team dialog) 

I've done it! You just need to add this to "db record lists.xml" around line 59 after the club list table. Then it will add a "teams" option to the sidebar and you can search by teams instead of just clubs:

<!-- team list table -->
            <record>
                <flags id="field" value="tmls" />
                <translation id="name" type="use" value="Teams" />
                <flags id="type" value="database_table" />
                <boolean id="is_section" value="true" />
                <boolean id="stretch_to_fit_screen" value="true" />
                <flags id="database_table_type" value="team" />
                <boolean id="use_labels_for_columns" value="true" />
                <boolean id="is_client_field" value="true" />
                <boolean id="dont_remove_unneeded_fields" value="true" />

<record id="list_item">
                    <flags id="fields" value="tmcl" />
                </record>
            </record>

Screen Shot 2017-10-10 at 18.08.03.png

Interesting. Can you please explain to a almost total newbie how you found tmls below?

The same goes for tmcl below. 

It appears to me that other things could be made visible if I only understood the correct parameters to set. Person name would be extremely relevant to me. I can make a row named Person Name appear but there are no columns so I can't search for anything. 

On 11/10/2017 at 18:35, Fredrik said:

Interesting. Can you please explain to a almost total newbie how you found tmls below?

The same goes for tmcl below. 

It appears to me that other things could be made visible if I only understood the correct parameters to set. Person name would be extremely relevant to me. I can make a row named Person Name appear but there are no columns so I can't search for anything. 

I just looked at what the other things had and copied them, it generally seems to be that the first two letters related to what it is and something like "ls" means "list". So just look at what the other things have and try and guess what the first two characters might be, in this case "tm" is "team"

I figured out that the equivalent of tmcl is prnc so it's a little bit different. I can see the correct columns now(you can find prnc/tmcl in the Columns folder,

Using prls instead of tmls doesn't yield any results however. I'm guessing there's something that's wrong with that code. SInce the other one was found I was hoping you could have found this one too. 

I will continue to tweak(since FM18 is so close I don't think I'll be too angry if I break something in the current game. 

I'm trying to find out which names are in the database and, primarily, if I can exclude some from being used by regens. 

I think you know this but just to be clear. I'm not talking about the staff profiles. It doesn't help me to be able to search for Zlatan Ibrahimovic. I want to know to which nation that name is assigned and whether there are more settings such as language or ethnicity associated with it. This would be helpful in the multi-lingual countries(and those countries where name matches ethnicity). 

Maybe it's because I'm using FM15 but other discussion on this forum has lead me to believe it's still the same in FM17 that I can't find the name database. 

You need to change this:

<flags id="database_table_type" value="team" />

But i'm unsure what to change it to. Using "person" lets you search for people, not people names. "person_name" seems like the obvious one but this causes the editor to crash.

Under the steamapps/common/data/Football Manager Editor/data/format there are several folders. In these you find files named person, currency etc, There's also one called person name. In there it looks like the game is storing data on how many people with a name there are and which nation, ethnicity, local region etc they have. I would like to see this data in the editor and be able to change it if possible. I can create a row in the left sidebar that says person name and it has the right columns. However, there's no data. 

In the end what I want to do, if possible, is to make sure a person gets a name that belongs to his country. Basically remove names that I believe are "wrong". 

Why? It could be changing Ibrahimovic to be a Bosnian name or removing all San Marino names when I edit a fictional nation.

personname.thumb.JPG.c25bb46d71b2118b1031c8a27a9d4232.JPG 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived