That moment when...

You snatch a winner in the 88th minute having been behind for most of the match. Its all thanks to your tactical genius. Your switch from a flat 4-4-2 to a 4-4-2 diamond and with 2 minutes to go plus injury time you're in heaven. You think to yourself, right, let's hold this boys. Back to the flat 4-4-2, Defensive+Structured. Nice and solid does it. The opposition go 4-3-3 narrow but you still think to yourself I got this....

hang on a minute, where's my Right Back? WHERE'S MY RIGHTBACK?! He's over on the left flank doubling up on their Right Wing Back! WHY, for the love of god? The ball finds its way out to their left where they overload us. They get the ball back central where their midfielder hammers in an absolute scorcher. I cry. When I've finished crying I try and work out what the hell happened and then something dawns on me. I go into the Player Instructions to check something. My agony is complete. I am not the hero, I am the villain.

Moral of the story?

When you change shape always make sure you check your PIs for Mark Specific Player, kids. It'll save you a lot of hurt.

Been there, done that. Ate the burger, got the t-shirt, starred in the film, wrote the best seller.

It's funny a few days later, but the urge to have a sudden localised power failure is tempting at the time.

Archived