Countries that have competitve reserve leagues

Could anyone tell me which major european countries have reserve teams that play regular matches on fm2017?

Im about to start my first career and want to start with a smallish team  (at least 2nd tier ideally lower) whose reserve squad will play regularly. Rather than the odd friendly. As my focus will be on developing young players wherever possible. 

I havent played fm since 2014 so am a bit out of touch with these things. 

Thanks in advance!

I only have experience in England from FM16, and Norway from FM17.

England did have scheduled games for it's U23 team, but it's not "league" matches in the pyramid so it's not really a "First Team" experience though once you're in higher leagues it still allowed for decent development/match fitness for eligible players.

It looks like Norway teams all have "2nd teams."  Many exist at Third League so they don't play simulated games, but if you keep players on the roster (I don't think "eligible for reserve team" while on the first team counts) they do get the non-simulated games with match ratings and basic stats.  They also keep their match fitness up too.  A few of the bigger teams start with their second team already in the playable leagues (Second Division).

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the second teams have a chance to be promoted. ( @Seb Wassell do you know if this is the case? Unfortunately after a second team is relegated their league information moves from "Second Division" to simpy "-" instead of "Third Division"  See screenshot for example. Thanks!)

Thanks for the info.

Yes that is what I am after. For players to keep their match fitness and give me a basic idea of how they are performing. Hopefully most major european countries have reserve teams like this. Even had 3rd tier clubs..

• SI Staff
7 hours ago, alanschu14 said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the second teams have a chance to be promoted. ( @Seb Wassell do you know if this is the case? Unfortunately after a second team is relegated their league information moves from "Second Division" to simpy "-" instead of "Third Division"  See screenshot for example. Thanks!)

Teams getting promoted from unplayable leagues to playable leagues depends mostly on reputation and a little bit of luck. Certainly possible but not guaranteed. Worth noting that a B team cannot be promoted into the same division as the A team.

Archived