fm leaderboard

If the people at the top of the leaderboard are not cheating, they are probably extremely unhealthy, given how their scores indicate that Football Manager is the only thing in their lives.

the thing is that althouth i begun with panathinaikos(very small team with none budget at all) now i am to  2030 with 7chl and 13 sl! 2 uefa plus 4 world clubs plus 1.2 billions budget.I am not gonna lie i used 4-5 times save-load cheat!the thing is that a steam friend of mine with similar team in only 4 seasons without europe  cup is above me at the ranking!

• 3 months later...

I know this is an old thread but since no one asnwered any questions in it, I wish to...

On 7/8/2017 at 08:49, red rob said:

how does the scoreing system wok

You get points for winning, simple as that. But, if you use the IGE or pregame editor to make any changes it disables scoring.

On 7/8/2017 at 08:13, lemeuresnew said:

@tfell - i tried google just to check, because i have never paid much attention to it. i was ranked around 80,000 by time i finished my first season, so knew i wasnt gona be a big player in there lol. couldnt find any real info

The majority of top scorers cheat, it is impossible to catch up playing legit.

Given the average hours to points ratio it is safe to say there is not a single legitimate player in the top 100 at least. Most people use external editors such as FMRTE to superman cheat their teams and rack up ridiculous points to place on the leaderboards. This makes the leaderboard a useless feature but has never been acknowledged much by any dev.

On 11/6/2017 at 06:56, lemeuresnew said:

that really doesnt concern me, and not sure i believe it

would just of liked to know what makes up the scoring system is all

Winning, and winning games that you shouldn't are worth even more points. Say you win the FA Cup with a league 2 team (as many players do using FMRTE in order to boost their scores) then it is worth a lot more than if you won it with a PL side. From what I have seen it is a math equation involving the team reputations (which again, players set theirs to 0 in order to score max points on the leader boards with the superman cheat). Believe what you will, I once wanted to be on the top 20 of the leaderboards and it started my mini crusade to figure out why I couldn't get there despite thousands of hours of play, and I have discovered the external editor answer. Now I will never be on it because I am not willing to cheat to do it.

This is a totally valid criticism. I've never had an interest in those boards for that reason, as I am one of the "anally" players that mostly wants to get results by "just" means. It's also much more rewarding to me. As much as it's always pained me, having a leaderboards is an indication of what would be in store if the entire game was a competitive multiplayer game, rather than what it is now (shudder to think what the Korea MMO must be like). As soon as you pit players up against one another, rather than AI, not only will they take any means they can to compete -- everybody else is forced to follow suit. This isn't strictly about editing. Half the fansites are still dominated by download tactics too that you can basically plug in, never even make a sub and wake up only to find your relegation battler competes for the European spots, average side verge on scoring 2-3 goals per match, and the class ones up to 5+. Not one-off, but consistently. The AI isn't able to cope from day one, none of the game matters anymore. It's naturally the game's flaw, mind. :( It's also a style of playing that is just as viable as the last.

However, as soon as any level of "competitiveness" enters the area, that's what you get.

Yeah, i thought myself how you can rack up Zillions of Points when winning the 3rd League  + Promotion with my Underdog CaC Team gives me 18 Points and it does not grow even after making it into the 1st League?

To me it seems completely broken!

Archived