team instructions

4 minutes ago, nimmospurs said:

how many team instructions would you say is the least you should have and the max you should have

I'd say you should be making a decision solely on the TIs that cant be addressed on a player to player basis, or by the set of roles and duties you select. For example;

Tempo, D line, Offside rule

Everything else is either best implemented on PI, or left alone to let the roles and duties do their thing ... i.e. do you want to set your whole team to much more closing down? I don't think so.. you should set traps or units of pressers (high press -> hold -> deep press), do you want everyone direct passing? No... you should pinpoint one or two creators to design a specific passing pattern as your risky/direct players.

As I tend to keep my D line normal and tempo standard and no offside rule... I have 0 TI. But several PI on each player.

36 minutes ago, nimmospurs said:

how many team instructions would you say is the least you should have and the max you should have

There is not a specific answer to this question. I have seen the best fm2017 tactics having both 13+ and less than 3 TIs.

I like pressing but not mental pressing more the way pochettino lines up his spurs team in a 4-2-3-1 I'm on control fluid with a fairly narrow team shape with higher tempo and more closing down I have 11 instructions atm keen to get feedback on this

Archived