Finances: grants

So after finishing my first season at my new club I looked through our finances only to see that the great financial progress we've had is down to one thing: Grants. Now what exactly is this? Can I stop it from pouring into my bank account? I have received over half a million £ in grants this season and a bank balance like that is rather unusual in the English 10th division I'd imagine (not played there before). I don't believe the club has a sugar daddy.

This is down to some sort of government funding you. Often it comes from a grant towards a new stadium. Are you improving yours or building a new one?

The common factor here are that both examples are from custom league files.

How accuarate is the data in those files & how much testing was done on them by the creators?

If it turns out that there is nothing within  the data that can modify the frequency & value of finance saving grants them it's worth raising with SI as the code may need improving to reduce imbalances when custom league files are used.

14 hours ago, Roaming said:

So after finishing my first season at my new club I looked through our finances only to see that the great financial progress we've had is down to one thing: Grants. Now what exactly is this? Can I stop it from pouring into my bank account? I have received over half a million £ in grants this season and a bank balance like that is rather unusual in the English 10th division I'd imagine (not played there before). I don't believe the club has a sugar daddy.

To be fair, I wouldn't be complaining...

Thanks for the replies guys.

This is down to some sort of government funding you. Often it comes from a grant towards a new stadium. Are you improving yours or building a new one?

I am not building a new stadium and have not expanded/upgraded any other club facilities.

The common factor here are that both examples are from custom league files.

How accuarate is the data in those files & how much testing was done on them by the creators?

If it turns out that there is nothing within the data that can modify the frequency & value of finance saving grants them it's worth raising with SI as the code may need improving to reduce imbalances when custom league files are used.

This is a good suggestion. I have not looked through the changes myself so this may well be the problem. No other clubs seem to have this "problem" though judging by their club values, so I can't see what this could be unless the editor changed something specifically for the club I am managing, which is very unlikely.

To be fair, I wouldn't be complaining...

Hehe, I am just afraid it will be too easy to climb the leagues if my finances are much better than everyone else's.

Archived