Cant score in the second half

Having a minor problem in Fm where I cant seem to score any further after scoring 4 in the first half (not the worst I know). Im running a downloaded tactic called FM16 Win (it was from FM 16 but updated this year) and it works pretty well. Im playing as Liverpool and one of the strongest teams in the league, but ive encountered a problem where all my goals are being scored in the first half. I will score 4 by maybe the 20th minute and then usually in the second half I will score no more than 1 and usually lose the second half. This mainly happens against "lesser" teams and while I know its pretty stand IRL my largest win by scoring 6 goals (after 7 seasons and playing some terrible teams). It happens on a regular basis and as stated after 4 the team just seem to give up if its in the first half. 

Would anyone have any idea how to fix this and push on after 4 goals?

What's your players body language during the second half? When my team gets complacent after a comfy lead in the first half I usually go with a Prudent>Don't get too comfy in the second half/Make sure we don't lose the lead in the second half.

And if during the second half the body language is Shows no interest in the match/(orange)Looks very confident, I shout an assertive Show some passion from the line during the whole half. That usually gets us one or two goals more and keeps the clean sheet.

*I don't know what the actual phrases/shouts are in English since I play the game in Spanish, but I think those are the most approximate translations of what I use. You'll get the idea.

Isn't this pretty normal? Both in FM and irl? At 4-0, the game is over (unless you're watching Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal), and a massive drop in intensity and commitment from both teams is surely to be expected. I'd say a 2nd half consolation goal from the losing team is most likely at this point - again both in FM and irl - as they're the only team with something to fight for (regaining a little of their pride).

Okay, so say you're down 4-0 at half-time. What would you do?

Wouldn't you try and park the bus just to not turn this into a cricket score? Maybe if you're lucky get a counter or two in or a set-piece, but at 4-0, it's basically game over for you.

Sound about right?

On 2017-5-20 at 14:12, dojoneil said:

Isn't this pretty normal? Both in FM and irl? At 4-0, the game is over (unless you're watching Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal), and a massive drop in intensity and commitment from both teams is surely to be expected. I'd say a 2nd half consolation goal from the losing team is most likely at this point - again both in FM and irl - as they're the only team with something to fight for (regaining a little of their pride).

Yes I agree but my problem is that it happens ever time. I would agree 90% of the time this would be the case however this is always an exception, especially if I am playing maybe a team about to be relegated, an Fa cup match against much lower opposition or in the Cl group stage against the bottom seeded side (especially if its the weakest ranked team which has happened). It seems players just stop even with the team talk suggested and there is not much increase in the player ratings between first and second. 

Just as a reference other teams are scoring higher and 7/8 are sometimes going in, I just dont ever seem to be able to score more than 1 in the second half, or even score my majority in the second half

Archived