Spanish 'B' Teams

How does the wage budget work? If the ''A'' team manager sends a player to the ''B' team will that wage count towards my budget? I'm over budget yet the Club is 'Rich'' ant he 'A' team possibly not.

The 'A' team are signing up my backroom team will the costs go against the Club as a whole or just the 'B' Team?

Does FM treat 'B' Teams as a separate club or just a reserve side ?

I have signed players but have no control if the 'A' team wish to sell one of my players, I also am unable to recall loans. Is there a rule book available for 'B' Teams?

I can call some 'C' team players up but not others which are the ones I can?

Do I have control over the C team or is the A team manager in charge?

I'll try to reply from my experience with Bayern II, it might be a bit different with Spanish B teams, although from my experience with Valencia in FM16 I don't think there's any difference.

The First Team manager has control over all players (B, C and U-19 teams), he's the only one that can sell and renew players contracts  (unless there's a DoF in charge of that, still you can do nothing about it, not even retain your own B team players when the top manager decides to send them out on loan). The board won't judge you on economical aspects but rather on player development, so it doesn't matter when a player from the A team is relegated to the B team and the wages budget goes red. Same goes for the backroom staff (and you better pick those employees yourself 'cause the board usually sucks at signing backroom staff).

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think you can promote players from the C team to your B team, and vice-versa, but the youth team players are in the First Team manager jurisdiction.

I was just about to open a thread about Spanish B Teams until I saw this post. So let me start my questions first:

1. Can registered B team players play for A team matches? If so, is there a limit on Age/what sort of matches/number of matches played?

Yes. I don't know about the match limit, but under 25 B-\ team players can play for A teams in league games. For continental cup games I believe you need to register the player for the specific tournament.

For availability/stamina reasons, you should include your B-team player in your A team match squad as soon as you decide to use him. Otherwise he might be involved in schedule conflict or poor condition.

2. Can registered A team players play for B team matches? If so, is there a limit on Age/What sort of matches/number of matches player?

That's what I'm wondering about. I think the answer is no, because registered A team players are not allowed to be moved to B team (see next question).

However there is an option to make certain A team players available for B team matches (until fit/ongoing). From past experience this option is only useful for friendlies (otherwise ineligible). I have not test it for FM17, though.

I believe what fm could do is to make under 21 A team players available automatically. I don't know how real life Spanish leagues operate, though.

3. Could a player be co-registered in both teams?

Hell no.

4. (Not a question) U19 EU players do not need to be registered to play for either team. Therefore you can move them however you like.

Training and other:

1. Does the B team shares the club's training facilities? 

Yes, but (see next question)

2. Does the B team shares the club's coaches?

Unfortunately, the B team sort of operates on its own. It has its own staff structure, and you can always hire coaches for your B team. It is very unlikely that your B team coaches match the standard of your A team coaches, however.

3. Does the B team shares the club's budget?

Yes. Everything regarding financial structure counts your A team and B team as a whole (also your U19 which is unlikely to cost much).

Now to answer your questions:

22 hours ago, Chinook2000 said:

How does the wage budget work? If the ''A'' team manager sends a player to the ''B' team will that wage count towards my budget? I'm over budget yet the Club is 'Rich'' ant he 'A' team possibly not.

The 'A' team are signing up my backroom team will the costs go against the Club as a whole or just the 'B' Team?

Does FM treat 'B' Teams as a separate club or just a reserve side ?

I have signed players but have no control if the 'A' team wish to sell one of my players, I also am unable to recall loans. Is there a rule book available for 'B' Teams?

I can call some 'C' team players up but not others which are the ones I can?

Do I have control over the C team or is the A team manager in charge?

FM treat B teams as a special type of affiliated club. 

1. B teams are on their own when playing matches. This make them a independent team. You can, however, coach the B team.

2. B teams heavily rely on the club for lots of things. Like said, they are 100% dependent financially. They do not have full control over their roster (you can move players in and out during off season, and during season you can force them not play some players by calling them in the match squad). They do not have full control over management stuffs (you can set the level of your intervention in the staff responsibilities tab under the staff page). Thus you can handle sales and recruitment of players and staff members all by yourself. (If you are managing B teams, the club might impose lots of limits on things you could do, imagine another yourself managing the whole club and exploiting this you as a poor B team manager.)

3. And yep like all affiliated clubs, they play friendlies. Mostly only once at the start of your new saves.

4. So if you have a C team, then the C team is the B team's B team. Pure hierarchy. Most likely your C team is controlled by the club or some other managers (likely some club legends).

I hope these answer your questions, and there are parts of my answer that requires verification, which is well welcomed.

There is a limited responsibility choice with ''B' Teams. I can offer jobs but the DOF of the first team has employed who he wants. Choosing staff, Contract negotiating for players, who goes out on loan, recalling players from loans and when players move from B to A are all the First Teams duties. I can buy but have to adhere to my wage budget 

Its a challenge but unless you get relegated into an unplayable league the remit appears to be develop players for the A team, if you discover a future star even after one game in the B team, the A team manager can call him up and tough that's my best player gone. They have also sent a  e 12,000 pw defender to the B team that blows my wage budget and as I'm unable to register him I cannot even play him. Being Athletic B also restricts me to Basque players. 

• 1 year later...

B Team basically is buggy, very much, if u r coaching a higher team, and u want ur B team to be ur development team fine, but one big issue is that they have far less coaches and stuffs, These r the problems for B team.

1. For example, U19 squads have their own training facilities and their own stuff, n maximum of lower coaches wants to be ur u-19 stuff but when u try to sign them for B-team, they are most likely to decline, which is buggy, n if u cant hire right kind of stuffs ur b-team player will suck in training and will not develop as much as u like to which sucks.

2. When u go to their training tab it will show everybody is contain, but they are not, try to fire every single coaches and just have 1 coach who is a GK coach to train every single category and see the players reaction (less training attention during shooting, attacking etc.).

3. A very important thing which sucks is that u cant set up those players training individually, if u try every time u ll have to check the tab 'control all by myself' but it does not change, and then after few days u ll see that their individual training is different than what u set up earlier, which sucks as well.

4. This is the most important of all, "The TACTICS", u will of course prefer to use 3 sets of tactics which u want ur b-team coach to use as well as the players will develop into important player by playing those roles u prefer and when u click on the stuff responsibilities tab and set it to 'use first team tactics' and then watch the tactics screen in the b-team, u will b very much surprised bcz they wont always use the tactics which u advises specially if want to use special kind of formation like those 3 defenders tactics witl no wingers etc. At that time do one thingAdd another head coach to the B-team u r playing and see the tactics tab u ll see the tactics in form of assistant advise which u can take of not whatever u like.. WHICH TOTALLY SUCKS!!

FIX  :

The only thing u can do is the last statement which I did is to add another head coach and u can have full control to at least ur stuffs, and u ll see that if thee r 6 slots for stuffs there is only 1 coach, and u can hire whatever coaches u want with stuff search tab, and that time the search engine will optimize the filters as ur b-team so u will no longer have the problem finding a specific coach who will accept the b-team job, cz u r managing a b-team nd all the stuffs are optimized for the b-team so search specific coaches and add them in the training category as u like and, and bu adding the head coach u can play ur own tactics with whatever role u like, 

And the most important thing is that u can go to unlimited vacation, cz at that time ur tactics screen is visible to ur main head coach and u can change that it if u dont, means it will give u the full control to the clubs whole structure.

In 14 I had a job as B team manager .. forget which club but it was definitely weird compared to regular 1st team jobs

signing players was a nightmare as 1st team manager had responsibility for finalising deals

and generally speaking B team quality players wont cut it as 1st team players (which is how those signings are judged)

even when your targeting players under 20/21 with a decent amount of potential

it's not something ive done yet in 18, I am hoping its an aspect that's been improved a little

the main thing to remember as a B team manager .. you are not the boss

the 1st team manager is

you are really just a variant of the assistant manager

Archived