The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part One: A Saintly Beginning)

mark wilson27

March 2020:
March 1st:
The end of month awards have been handed out and J.Shaibu has been awarded the Player of the Month award 

March 7th:
Bangor City (H) (28/32)
Seven minutes into the game we took the lead as L.Elford-Alliyu ran onto a C.Roberts through-ball and fired under the onrushing keeper. On the 21st minute we had our next chance with A.Evans heading wide from an I.Zmimer corner after J.Shaibu's initial effort was well save. We were all over Bangor City and just before the break L.Elford-Alliyu failed to hit the target from close range after some woeful Bangor City defending.
The second half was a different story as my players failed to turn up and with eight minutes played D.Gosset headed in past N.Maher to level the game. The Bangor City players were all over mine and on the 70th minute they took the lead as M.Collins barged into the area and half volleyed a cross past N.Maher. Deep into injury time Bangor City came close to adding a further goal with a fine strike which luckily for my side was diverted wide of the post by T.Poole.

TNS 1-2 Bangor City L.Elford-Alliyu 7 / D.Gosset 53, M.Collins 70

N.Maher, J.Hawley, W.Christopher (T.Poole), A.Evans, C.Roberts, J.N'Guessan (C.Roddan), I.Zmimer, R.Stambolziev, R.Parry (S.Quigley), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: W.Christopher, J.Hawley, C.Roddan

March 10th:
The physio has informed me that C.Roddan has picked up a virus and will be out for around 9-11 days

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 21st:
Carmarthen (A) (29/32)
After our recent dodgy form I was glad to see my players actually decide to perform and on the 17th minute we had the chance to take the lead with a rasping effort from J.Shaibu which was tipped round the post by the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a long range shot from L.Elford-Alliyu but the Carmarthen keeper managed to save again. We were all over them and on the stroke of half time we finally took the lead as L.Elford-Alliyu fired in from the penalty spot after J.Shaibu was brought down in the area.
The second half was seven minutes old when we added a second goal with R.Parry hitting a thunderous effort from 20 yards which beat the keeper into the top corner. My side were making it look too easy and on the 57th minute L.Elford-Alliyu grabbed his second of the game with a simple tap in from an I.Zmimer cross. We carried on the pressure and with ten minutes remaining in the game we added a fourth and final goal as J.Shaibu headed in a R.Stambolziev cross.

Carmarthen 0-4 TNS L.Elford-Alliyu 45+1 pen, 57, R.Parry 52, J.Shaibu 80

N.Maher, J.Hawley (T.Poole), W.Christopher, A.Evans, C.Roberts, J.N'Guessan, I.Zmimer, R.Stambolziev, R.Parry (C.Roddan), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: W.Christopher

March 29th:
I have been approached by the chairman of Barnet of the npower League Two to take over their vacant managerial job. I have asked to delay it till the end of the season and they agreed too it

Monthly Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+ 1pts)
JD Welsh Cup: Knocked out in ¼ v Aberystwyth
Nathaniel MG Cup: Winners v Connah's Quay
Scottish League Challenge Cup: Knocked out in 4th Rd v Hearts Reserves
European Champions Cup: Knocked out in 3rd Qualifying Phase v Sparta Prague 
Europa League: Knocked out in Group Stage

April 2020:
April 1st:
The end of month awards have been handed out and L.Elford-Alliyu has been named the March Player of the Month 

April 3rd:
I have been offered a new one year contract worth £1,900 per week by the board, I have asked them if I could delay my decision till the end of the season.

April 4th:
Airbus UK (A) (30/32)
Another good performance as we dominated against Airbus and on the 15th minute L.Elford-Alliyu ran into the area unmarked and fired under the Airbus keeper. Soon after it was J.Shaibu's chance as he ran onto an A.Kwateng through-ball and fired towards goal but the keeper was on hand to block the effort. On the 39th minute J.Shaibu had yet another chance to score with a daisy cutter which beat the keeper but not the upright.
The second half was much the same as we continued to pile forward and on the 58th minute L.Elford-Alliyu headed in from close range after the defence failed to deal with a C.Morton cross. Twelve minutes later we had our next chance as L.Elford-Alliyu beat the offside trap but his final effort went straight into the keepers arms when it was easier to score. Airbus didn't get close to the ball and on the stroke of full time I.Zmimer had the keeper at full stretch to save a free-kick after L.Elford-Alliyu was brought down on the way too goal

Airbus UK 0-2 TNS L.Elford-Alliyu 15, 58

N.Maher, J.Hawley, W.Christopher (T.Poole), A.Evans, C.Roberts, J.N'Guessan (C.Roddan), I.Zmimer, A.Kwateng, R.Parry (C.Morton), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

April 8th:
I have been offered another job this time by the chairman of Handknattleisfelag Kopavogs or HK to make it easier. I have again asked for them too wait till the end of the season which they have agreed too

April 18th:
Connah's Quay (H) (31/32)
We started well with J.Shaibu rising above the defence and heading a R.Parry cross just wide of the post. On the 25th minute we had another chance with L.Elford-Alliyu curling over the top corner of the goal. Five minutes later though we were reduced to ten men after A.Kwateng was sent off for a professional foul. On the 43rd minute we had another chance as R.Parry hit a powerful effort towards goal but the Connah's Quay keeper saved well to deny him.
The second half was all Connah's Quay as they started to take advantage of the numeral difference and on the 64th minute they came close as my defence seemed to fall apart but luckily for them N.Maher was on hand to save the day. Ten minutes later N.Maher again saved well after some great team work by the Connah's side. N.Maher earnt his man of the half award on the 89th minute after W.Christopher brought down a player in the area but N.Maher saved well

TNS 0-0 Connah's Quay

N.Maher, J.Hawley (T.Poole), W.Christopher, A.Evans, C.Roberts, J.N'Guessan (C.Morton), I.Zmimer, A.Kwateng, R.Parry (C.Roddan), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: A.Kwateng, I.Zmimer
Sent Off: A.Kwateng (2 Yellows)

Monthly Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+ 3pts, with one game remaining)

May 2020:
May 5th:
Aberystwyth (H) (32/32)
All we needed was a point for us to win the title and on the 17th minute we came close to taking the lead with a long range effort from C.Morton which went just wide of the post. Twelve minutes later we had another chance as J.Shaibu ran through the defence with ease but his final effort was pretty dire and went well wide. Just before the break though Aberystwyth came close with their first effort which was saved well by N.Maher.
The second half was three minutes old when the first goal was scored as C.Roddan curled the ball in off the upright. We were looking in control but on the 63rd minute a lapse in concentration saw K.March break through my defence and wasted no time in firing in under N.Maher. It wasn't long till we had our next chance as on the 75th minute B.Maund beat the offside trap and fired with pace towards goal but the keeper again saved the ball. Their was one last chance on the game as C.Roddan crossed the ball into the area but J.Shaibu managed to head the ball over the crossbar when it was easier to score.

TNS 1-1 Aberystwyth C.Roddan 48 / K.March 63

N.Maher, J.Hawley, W.Christopher, A.Evans (T.Poole), C.Roberts, J.N'Guessan (C.Roddan), I.Zmimer, C.Morton, R.Parry (B.Maund), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: J.Hawley

With the result we have completed a League and Cup double.

May 24th:
The end of season awards have been handed out and L.Elford-Alliyu has been named the Dafabet Sports Welsh Premier League Player of the Year
J.Shaibu has been named the Golden Boot winner after scoring 21 goals in 29 appearances
I have also been named as the Manager of the Year award
Five of my players have been named in the Team of the Year as A.Evans, J.Hawley, J.N'Guessan, L.Elford-Alliyu and J.Shaibu all included

May 26th:
Raith Rovers and HK have both come back to me with their jobs offers and I have decided to reject both jobs

Monthly Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: Champions (+ 4pts)

End of Season Club Awards:
Fan's Player of the Season: L.Elford-Alliyu (37%)
Signing of the Season: C.Roberts (£241 - Haverfordwest) 
Young Player of the Season: J.Shaibu

End of Season Club Stats:
Top Scorer: L.Elford-Alliyu 37 goals
Highest Average Rating: J.Shaibu (7.56) 
Most Yellow Cards: I.Zmimer (13)
Most Red Card: A.Kwateng, D.Thomas (2)

End of Season Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: Champions (+ 4pts)
Nathaniel MG Cup: Winner v Connah's Quay 
Scottish League Challenge Cup: Knocked out 4th Rd v Queen of the South
European Champions Cup: Knocked out 3rd Qualifying Phase v Sparta Prague

Dafabet Welsh Premier League: Final Table
1st: TNS (65pts) (Champions Cup)
2nd: Airbus UK (61pts) (Europa Cup)
3rd: Bangor City (52pts)
4th: Connah's Quay (51pts)
5th: Aberystwyth (47pts) (Europa Cup)
6th: Carmarthen (41pts) 
------------------------------------------
7th: Port Talbot (52pts)
8th: Bala (41pts)
9th: Haverfordwest (40pts)
10th: Cefn Druids (33pts)
11th: Barry (24pts) (Relegated)
12th: Llangefni (17pts) (Relegated)

June 2020:
June 2nd: 
I have been approached by the chairman of Sheff.Utd in a view to take over the club, they have offered me a one year contract worth £2,300 per week. I have decided it is time too move on and try my skills in England. I have enjoyed my time in Wales and hopefully I might come back one day

Career So Far:

Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20

JD Welsh Cup: 2018/19
Nathaniel MG Cup: 2016/17, 2017/18, 2018/19, 2019/20
Manager of The Year: 2017/18,  2019/20

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cheers salkster, it has been a good start to my career. However to fair the league was pretty one sided barring one season. Hopefully my next adventure will be alittle more challenging

Archived