Vanarama North/South Squad Turnover

I am not sure if this is a bug but it is ridiculously hard to get rid of players at the bottom end of your roster, or getting rid of guys for salary dump purposes. For example as Stockport county even if i offer players for free not even the regional clubs offer to take players off of my hands. the only players ive had offers come in on were Montrose & Hinchliffe at half off. this makes north/south ridiculously hard once you bring in new faces and cant discard the crap that you dont want on your roster. (this applies to "free" loans as well)

• Administrators

Generally speaking at this level and lower (even league 1 or 2 in some cases), players are generally given shorter contracts. Players will be less inclined to seek a move when they are on secure contracts, likewise clubs will be seeking free transfers. At lower level clubs may be less likely to seek currently employed players due to their perceived wage demands, which would usually drop sometime after being unemployed

• Administrators

One thing I make use of is options to extend deals, that might be a better option for you to use in contract negotiations rather than strictly tying down players for a long time. 

I've always found this feature slightly unrealistic. If you offered every club in the world a player for free, then I'm sure they'd be teams that would take them. 100% of the time. There maybe occasions in the higher leagues where wages are too high so they want you to contribute to that, but to have no-one interested in your player for nothing is something that could be improved imo. 

17 hours ago, potbellypigs said:

I've always found this feature slightly unrealistic. If you offered every club in the world a player for free, then I'm sure they'd be teams that would take them. 100% of the time. There maybe occasions in the higher leagues where wages are too high so they want you to contribute to that, but to have no-one interested in your player for nothing is something that could be improved imo. 

this, because cutting guys on the bottom of your roster doesnt help anyone. would it be possible to lover wage expectations of those on the transfer/unwanted list to facilitate a move just as a generality? @Lucas Weatherby

Archived