Create new column in team squad tactics panel.xml?

Draktor

Hello,

I have been trying to create a mentality column in the Tactics overview. What I mean is as follows.

We have the Tactics screen on selection info:

QdIr5NX.png

Now, is it possible to create a custom column here? I have narrowed the file down to team squad tactics panel.xml and can hide columns, however, I want to place the mentality value (or graphical representation preferably) into a custom column. I noticed a thread discussing the mentality bar here and have located the respective file by extracting the . However, I am unable to use the id "ment" to place a column into this table, is it possible?

Thanks,
Draktor

Hey @D_LO_,

I really appreciate your response, actually the mentality is already available. It is on the player instructions screen and is available for all players playing. You can see it on the following screenshot:

SslCyNL.png

I checked in the tactics position instructions dialog.xml and it is at line 57:

<widget class="adjustable_bar" id="ment" height="30" bar_filler_colour="0" file="adjustable bar overlaid" ShTx="false" adj_bar_adj_filler_colour="unselected instruction">
            <translation id="hint" translation_id="396533" type="use" value="A player's Mentality affects their attitude on the pitch in relation to balancing their attacking and defensive duties within the overall framework of the Team Mentality. Players are afforded a more attacking approach with a Mentality closer to the maximum, whilst a more defensive outlook is taken when it is set closer to the minimum end of the scale.[COMMENT: bug 130007]" />
</widget>

I wanted to put this into a column so I could see the effect when I changed roles, duties, mentality and shape for everyone (i.e. an overview). However, like you, I am thinking it may not be available in that pane, however, may be available on the pitch where the players are.

Ha3htI4.png

This is tactical familiarity view, but if I could have a mentality view that would be good.

2 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

I know exactly what you're asking (although it's now changed slightly to the pitch, which again I very much doubt is achievable also)

The id and coding you are trying to take from that panel I'm fairly certain won't be compatible with the team squad tactics panel (or something like that) Widget ids are often limited to a few panels. These are quite different types of panels in question. Which is why I referred to the Person Properties which lists some of the ids that are present (i.e. Pmor, which is for morale) and a better, although unsuccessful bet. 

Ah I get what you mean, that makes total sense. Thanks for the information @D_LO_ I really appreciate your insight as I haven't got any experience with skinning thus far.

I can only hope you're wrong and it is available lol :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived