Cup structure issue

nuthed01

Hi fellow editors.

As i've said in a couple of other threads, i'm trying to edit the A-league structure, 16 teams and the old finals structure (see attached)

Almost everything is working smoothly:  The league functions, the finals are played and played correctly aside from 1 phase:  The grand final.  Under this system (see attached) 1v2 would play off, winner hosts the grand final and the loser goes into week 3 of the finals to play the winners of the two elimination games.  My problem at the moment unfortunately, is that the winner of 1v2 doesn't always host the grand final.  I've had some success with the cup tie mappings screen (see attached) and for the first decade or so it seems to work properly, then all of a sudden after that it starts reverting back to the higher seed being the host.

Can anyone possibly propose a solution for this?  Would love an actual tick box option somewhere like the general tab that specifically says "Winner of this round hosts cup final" which would make everything SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier

finals structure.jpg

Capture5.JPG

Not that this would help but always amazes me why you would need finals to determine a champion . It you are playing every other team twice or three times in Australia's case then would not the team that finishes on top be the best team ? Can't imagine a team who finished the season on top with no loses losing one game in a final and being denied a champion status . With my Aussies game I just play the league then have a FA Cup and League Cup

7 hours ago, prot651 said:

Not that this would help but always amazes me why you would need finals to determine a champion . It you are playing every other team twice or three times in Australia's case then would not the team that finishes on top be the best team ? Can't imagine a team who finished the season on top with no loses losing one game in a final and being denied a champion status . With my Aussies game I just play the league then have a FA Cup and League Cup

Well they do have a minor premiership for that reason. 

It's a bit like AFL where the finals is more for entertainment reasons. Underdog can still win the major premiership. 

It could be made probably with a hidden stage in which just the host was set, by using the final winner as host. Don't know how it could be done exactly, but that's the only solution I can think of at the moment.

Archived