[Suggestions] Booking response; Search filter expansion; Schedule combination; Reserve availability

Majick

A few suggestions, rather than separate topics:

1. Booking response: When a player gets booked during a match, have there be an automatic setting within the team/player instructions that they should ease off on tackles. That would reduce the number of red cards - for example when I had two players double yellowed during a match against Rangers before I could get to their individual tactical settings. Possibly also have this be something that flashes up from the Assistant Manager - "Harry Lennon has been booked/Harry Lennon is on the verge of getting sent off", and clicking on it would take you straight to their player instructions (but I've long since fallen into the habit of ignoring my assistant during matches, so for me at least the automatic option would be welcome).

2. Search filter expansion: While it's useful to have the option of searching by a range of attributes (7 of 10 selected, say) I'd like also to have the option of saying Must Haves (for example, stamina, pace, acceleration) where a player has to tick all the boxes, and then Nice To Haves where a player would then have to meet 7/10 of the selected, or whatever. That way I don't have to regretfully discard the wonderfully skilled-but-immobile forward as I'd know he met all the minimum requirements before even clicking on his profile.

In addition, it'd be nice to have an OR option on attribute searches. This would probably be more complicated, but possibly it could work as an expansion of the above. Say you were playing as Man United in 1999 and wanted to bolster your midfield; You could set your minimum MC requirements for pace, stamina, team work and so on, and then have additional filters for Roy Keane-type players OR Paul Scholes-type players so you could have both types in a single list, but filtering out any players who meet the minimum requirements but couldn't be counted on to play in that midfield.

3. Schedule combination: When scheduling reserve friendlies to bolster fringe players' fitness, I realised it'd be useful if I could filter the schedule to include the first team/youth team/reserve fixtures all in one place. Getting the fringe players match fit, only for them to be unavailable for the first team due to fixture clashes, is a bit redundant! I feel like I'm missing something here, though, as I'm sure this used to be possible, and I'm just not able to find the option to add it back in.

4. Reserve availability: At present, you can make a player available for the reserves/youth team until match fit, or indefinitely. It would be useful to have the option of specifying a period of time, and/or number of matches in addition to this. If a player's suspended from the first team, making them available for the next reserve match keeps up their match fitness - but that's not an option at present; You have to remember to recall them or they stay there indefinitely.

On 02/02/2017 at 12:14, Majick said:

A few suggestions, rather than separate topics:

[/cut]

4. Reserve availability: At present, you can make a player available for the reserves/youth team until match fit, or indefinitely. It would be useful to have the option of specifying a period of time, and/or number of matches in addition to this. If a player's suspended from the first team, making them available for the next reserve match keeps up their match fitness - but that's not an option at present; You have to remember to recall them or they stay there indefinitely.

This is one that I've also been thinking a lot about. After making fringe players available, I sometimes forget to make them unavailable, often leading to the player being fatigued or match-tied when I actually need them. An option where you can specify the amount of games would be great.

• 10 months later...

Archived