Fixing Gap Between Midfield & Attack

How does that gap look when you are playing matches?  What issues are you actually having?

With the 4231, the problem gap usually falls between defence and midfield, not midfield and AMC, so can you please be more specific.

The gap increases and decreases with respect to the roles and duties you have chosen, your defensive line and your shape. You can opt to use attacking duties in the AM strata, there is nothing wrong with it. All you need to do is  figure out how you can close the gap. This will come from choosing the right roles in midfield and setting up the right shape. I am currently playing with different 4231's  with Torino and Gloucester and use several different strategies to close the gap, in fact I don't just close the gap. I flood the midfield. When I look at your system the key actually lies in how you get the two central mids to work together with the AM group and the backline. 

Then you need to know how you handle sides that play with 3 or 4 in midfield. The 4231 can be a very versatile system. If you want to find out more, just check out my 4231 videos or my longer video where I show people how I changed my 4231 midway through to regain control of the match against Real Madrid. I am worried about your shouts because they seem to run at odds with each other.

For now, things are going absolutely amazing without any tweaks. I am indeed getting memos during games about a gap between defence and midfield. Looking at my tactic, what can cause that sort of gap, since I believe I have set it up in a pretty balanced way.

6 hours ago, thinkadHi said:

For now, things are going absolutely amazing without any tweaks. I am indeed getting memos during games about a gap between defence and midfield. Looking at my tactic, what can cause that sort of gap, since I believe I have set it up in a pretty balanced way.

Well you're playing with a slightly deeper defensive line and both of your CM are on support duty which means there is probably a lot of space for the opposition to exploit right in front of your back four.

Archived