Squad Unhappy With League Position

Gene

I'm Aston Villa in our second season after winning promotion in our first season. Our expectation was to avoid relegation, and in January we are 14th, 7 points clear of the bottom three, and in the semifinal of the league cup. Yet almost my entire squad has come to me wanting to hold a meeting over our underachievement. 

Any clue what could be going on? 

I had one player who brought ab out that scenario. he had a profile of being ambitious and complained about lack of play previously.  

I held a team meeting and before I chose a response saved the game. I managed to get a decent response and reaction and eventually, about a month or so down the line, the player who started the campaign said he no longer thought it was a problem and would fight for the team. Needles to say I am trying to sell him. he is a bit of a trouble maker.

It might depend on what you told them at the start of the season in terms of league position (14th is considered midtable or avoiding relegation i think)

It could also be ambitious players expecting more or maybe the players see a very high rep or CA team and just think they should be doing better.

The players will always blame you for any underachievement i've noticed.

18 minutes ago, Thebaker said:

It might depend on what you told them at the start of the season in terms of league position (14th is considered midtable or avoiding relegation i think)

It could also be ambitious players expecting more or maybe the players see a very high rep or CA team and just think they should be doing better.

The players will always blame you for any underachievement i've noticed.

Which is why at the start of the season I specifically kept ambitions low, and said we'd aim to avoid relegation. 

Told them to stop moaning and that it was just as much their fault that they were "underachieving", seemed to sort it out. For the time being anyway. 

Archived