Contes 343 at Chelsea

Hi all,

This would be my first post, so please be patient with me....

Where to start? Im an avid Chelsea supporter and happy watching them play under Conte's 343 system. Naturally i would want to duplicate as much of this system as i could in fm2017. Below are the details in my attempt and maybe some of you could give me some insight if im going in the right direction.

tactic.jpg

This is my formation. Off the bat many would argue that Hazard and Willian should be out wide as inside forwards. This is the first problem i encountered: playing them as inside forwards with no PI's would often leave them and the wingbacks in the same area of the field. Bringing them to the center with a PI of "move into channels" worked better. if anyone knows how to make them work in tandem i would appreciate your insight.

So, this was the first thing i tackled when creating this tactic, player positioning and roles. I left the team tactics alone (standard, flexible and no TI's) The only change i would make is when playing Matic with Kante, i would use Matic as a CM of defend duty. In terms of PI's only my two AM have "move into channels" - rest are bog standard.

After the 5th game i wanted more procession and settled on Control, Flexible for team mentality and shape and below as the TI's

2.jpg

For matches i dont use any opponent player instructions as i feel my formation, TI's and PI's should be able to defend properly without needing any specific instructions.

Now for the results:

3.jpg

Some good wins there against City, spurs and Arsenal. Im not breaking any records but that was never my intention. I welcome your thoughts and comments and thank you for taking the time to read this.

6 hours ago, Luqx28 said:

tactic.jpg

This is my formation. Off the bat many would argue that Hazard and Willian should be out wide as inside forwards. This is the first problem i encountered: playing them as inside forwards with no PI's would often leave them and the wingbacks in the same area of the field. Bringing them to the center with a PI of "move into channels" worked better. if anyone knows how to make them work in tandem i would appreciate your insight.

umm, actually try deploying a flat 3 strikers upfront instead of a lone striker with 2 supporting attacking midfielders. 

3-4-3.png.a672d7b861777983b3089262033e11 

im sorry i only played with athletic bilbao, but i was trying to emulate conte's 3-4-3 with the basque club.

in regards to my version, i imagine that in chelsea, the forwards would be oscar or hazard as the trequartista, diego costa as the target man (or preferably deep-lying forward) and pedro as the poacher.

ok let's just say the aketxe's spot was oscar's or hazard's in chelsea. by playing a trequartista in the left striker position, not only he will try to drift wide or execute move into channels automatically, the moment he gained possession of the ball on the left flank, he will try to cut inside with the ball, just like inside forwards. IMO if you choose to field hazard or oscar in this way, he will behave just like he did in the real life.

ok so were you trying to get willian to play like pedro in chelsea's recent formation? if you were, i suggest that you try fielding him either as an advanced forward or poacher on the right striker position. just try it, and you will get the idea rightaway. by doing these two simple solutions, the wingers and the wingbacks were not going to be in the same area (flanks) at the same time.

actually herne79 got a point there, we have discussed similar topic about conte's 3-4-3 in another thread. feel free to drop by and contribute :)

GLHF!

On 11/7/2016 at 20:22, nasipepes said:

umm, actually try deploying a flat 3 strikers upfront instead of a lone striker with 2 supporting attacking midfielders. 

3-4-3.png.a672d7b861777983b3089262033e11 

im sorry i only played with athletic bilbao, but i was trying to emulate conte's 3-4-3 with the basque club.

in regards to my version, i imagine that in chelsea, the forwards would be oscar or hazard as the trequartista, diego costa as the target man (or preferably deep-lying forward) and pedro as the poacher.

ok let's just say the aketxe's spot was oscar's or hazard's in chelsea. by playing a trequartista in the left striker position, not only he will try to drift wide or execute move into channels automatically, the moment he gained possession of the ball on the left flank, he will try to cut inside with the ball, just like inside forwards. IMO if you choose to field hazard or oscar in this way, he will behave just like he did in the real life.

ok so were you trying to get willian to play like pedro in chelsea's recent formation? if you were, i suggest that you try fielding him either as an advanced forward or poacher on the right striker position. just try it, and you will get the idea rightaway. by doing these two simple solutions, the wingers and the wingbacks were not going to be in the same area (flanks) at the same time.

actually herne79 got a point there, we have discussed similar topic about conte's 3-4-3 in another thread. feel free to drop by and contribute :)

GLHF!

Any Ti's or Pi's? Mentality/Team Shape?

Archived