Squad selection rules error

drajen

Good morning to you all:)!

I'm trying to start FM17 with extended league files, that worked perfectly for fm16. Whule starting, I get error message" This data file is incompatible, please load  it in Editor and re-save"

So I did, just loaded, did not changed anything and re-saved. And when I'm trying to run test (in editor) for 1 chosen league I get error message "nation rules - squad selection error"

How can I check what exactly is an error, in what line?

For what it's worth, I'm also getting this error anytime I run the editor test on several different advanced-rules files imported from 16 (which worked just fine in 16 and seem to work well ingame once you load and resave). It might be an issue with how the editor handles stuff imported from 16 rather than an issue with the rules themselves?

It seems to be a problem with the editor.

I added the default USA/MLS rules, converted to Advanced Rules, saved and tried to validate without making any changes at all to the rules or database and still got the error message:   " Error in Nation Rules - Invalid squad selection rule " .

4 minutes ago, Dallan said:

Apparently, for some people switching the editor's language to UK English will fix this error, that may be worth a try (I'm at work so I can't confirm on my own stuff).

Dallan,

Thank you so much for the tip !!  I did change the language to US English in the editor.   I'm also a work for the day and will try this later tonight.

Archived