Using old FM data editor help...

vance77

Hi all,

As we all know, whenever the beta is released, we still have to wait until the official release date before we are able to use the FM editor or purchase the in-game editor.

I usually like to make a few changes to the database before I start my save, and for the past two years have managed a way around this by using the older versions' editors to make the changes, and then copying the xml files into the newest game's 'editor data' folder.

It hasn't worked this time and I'm receiving a 'this data file is incompatible' message when starting a new save. Does anyone know if there is a way around this or will I just have to wait until the official release before starting my game?

Many thanks.

On 23/10/2016 at 00:04, vance77 said:

Shame. Wanted to play tonight but I guess I can get on with some work for the next few weeks.

I understand you my friend i need editor to start the save i have in mind..Until then i look to download and load in game the best and  the newest logo,kits and face packs..Also looking for bugs... ;-)

14 hours ago, kingrobbo said:

and then wait my friend until the last patch comes out to be sure any file will work with the final DB....exciting times :D

sadly its true. every year when last patch is out- we have some problems with files from november. SI wont admit but from game release to last patch in march we have just beta version and we all are just beta testers. My advice is to play FM16 and wait for march. 90% of bugs will be solved and you will play normal PC game. without headache :)  

yes you are right its a matter of getting game/editor out in November why I dont know, and then get patches out until March the following year so in effect the game is a March - October one especially if you want to use the editor to create files

found this year ie FM16 the worst for files becoming incompatible once a major patch was released had issues with 16.2  and 16.3  had to redo 4 files totally so by the time that was resolved but hey ho we know what its like its up to us if we keep buying the game

Archived