FM17 Background fade

roykela

5 minutes ago, roykela said:

Ah yeah, that's the word i was looking for.
I'm pretty sure they will. Unfortunately i had forgotten all about it and all those files are long gone now :seagull:

Just dl the 16 base skin. and refollow the below:  dont forget to update the config file to "17.0.0"

How To Stop the Blurring Effect when Processing

FM2016 introduced a new feature where when the main screen isn't the focus of the screen it blurs out, however if you don't like this effect it is simple enough to disable it, to do this simply browse to the following location within the Base Skin you are using:

\graphics\boxes\dialog\background

Inside will be a paper.xml file open that and locate this line:

<boolean id="blurred" value="true"/>

and change it to read:

<boolean id="blurred" value="false"

Yes you'll need to wait for the full release until we have access the resource tool to extract the FM17 files. If you are an advanced user and don't want to wait then you can follow wkdsoul's above instructions and it should work provided all of the code has stayed the same (and the default skins names haven't changed) though if anything has changed it might not work.

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Yes you'll need to wait for the full release until we have access the resource tool to extract the FM17 files. If you are an advanced user and don't want to wait then you can follow wkdsoul's above instructions and it should work provided all of the code has stayed the same (and the default skins names haven't changed) though if anything has changed it might not work.

I've done it, but all I got was a black screen instead. Just left the \graphics\boxes\dialog\background  with the paper.xml inside into the skins folder.

• 3 weeks later...

I just found it. I extracted everything again and i have a sneaky feeling something went wrong when i extracted everything the first time.
Now i just have to make the change and start testing things.

Thanks for your help D_LO_ :thup:

Archived