Champions league qualification

After getting gillingham's back to back promotions and finished my 3rd season and 1st in the premier league. Scrapped third place by a point, I am now in the champions league qualifying rounds, I thought if you finished 1/2/3 you went straight into the groups, man city who finished 4th went straight into the groups, could some explain please?

thanks in advanced 

Premier league  best league in the world, even went and had a look in the rules of premier league with it saying teams placed 1st/2nd/3rd automatically qualify for groups, and 4th qualify for the last qualifying rounds, so I really don't know why? :/ beat benfica 5-1 on agg so in the groups now but annoyed as its two extra games where the players could have been resting 

Just seen that city haven't qualified for champions league, thought they went into the groups but it was actually the Euro cup groups, they finished 4th the season before. Looked through there fixtures/results, haven't been knocked out at qualifying so wondering now if this may be a bug?

Its difficult to say given the limited information you are giving us.

Are you using a downloaded database?

You are going to need to provide more information, upload some pics or go the whole hog & upload your save so we can poke around it to find your answers.

We certainly need information from the season summary screen - Go to England (Click on an England flag) & from the overview tab select season summary.  The latest one should be automatically selected otherwise you can select last season from the top right tabs.  Near the bottom after it lists all the competition winners/promotions/relegations there is a section for "Europe Qualification"  It lists the stage teams enter, which teams enter and how they qualified.  Can you either upload a pic of that section or just type it out.

Standard database, no edits, no skins, just the standard game, premier league top of the coff with 4.5 stars rating, premier league rules say teams placed 1/2/3 auto qualify for champions league and 4th qualify for qualifying round, season summary says champions league groups are arsenal and United,3rd place gillingham's best placed playoff and 4th placed man city in Euro cup group stages but I don't understand why they be in Euro cup?

34 minutes ago, Chrisgills said:

Standard database, no edits, no skins, just the standard game, premier league top of the coff with 4.5 stars rating, premier league rules say teams placed 1/2/3 auto qualify for champions league and 4th qualify for qualifying round, season summary says champions league groups are arsenal and United,3rd place gillingham's best placed playoff and 4th placed man city in Euro cup group stages but I don't understand why they be in Euro cup?

"4.5*" is the reputation, not the coefficient. The coefficient would be found in the Europe page. My guess is that England did poorly enough to lose a place, but have now won it back for next season, hence the rules saying that this time round 4th will qualify.

41 minutes ago, Chrisgills said:

So only two English clubs have qualified direct for the group stages?

Was it the same the previous season? (flick back a year on the season summary).

On the same subject what year are you in?

Not sure what you mean by COFF, is that the league rep rankings?

You next need to look at the nation club co-efficients.  Click on the globe on the top bar, then "Europe" from the top bar & then "Nation Club Co-efficients" from the drop down menu.

I'm almost certain the answer will be that England have dropped to 4th in the Co-efficient table leading them to losing a Champion's League place.  England were close IRL to losing a place last season.

EDIT

As Spurs has said above they will have then done enough to win it back for next season.

The coeff table says we are second behind la liga, back end of last season I checked to see the qualification rules as I was in and around the top 4 and it said 1/2/3 qualify for groups and 4th into the best placed playoff, so England hadn't lost a place and I'm currently in February 2019. Looked back on the year before summary and had arsenal, United and Spurs into groups as they finished 1/2/3, with man city into the best placed qualifying round as 4th place, so to recap, coeff table is 2nd, reputation is 1st, last season with about 5 games left it said 1/2/3 qualify for groups with 4th going into qualifying round. Don't really know what went wrong. Thanks for the advice and information by the way guys :)

Archived