FM 2017 Challenge Idea: The Scandinavian Challenge

What's going on guys, RLKDragon aka Gendo FM here, and I've got an idea for a different challenge to take for the next iteration for Football Manager. Admittedly it's not a new challenge by design, but it's new in a way that we'll be exploring a region not many football managers go to when they manage in this game:

SCANDINAVIA
A magical place filled with short days, cold nights, colorful lights, and Santa Claus (well, a football club at least).

And what's the premise you ask? Well, Timmy, the goal is to win every trophy within the five recognized nations in the extended definition of the Scandinavian region: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, and Finland.

e9b13a7f5ac86c817fcb3e0a1110309f.png

If my maths are correct, that's 23 cups/league titles to win, significantly shorter than the British Steel Challenge's number, but I feel no less difficult in achieving. And for good reason, too, since you'll be following the same rules as with the British Steel Challenge:

• No prior footballing experience and no coaching badges to start.
  • Starting either unemployed or with a team of your choosing
  • You must only use Norwegians, Swedes, Danes, Icelanders, and Finns in your first team. Meaning....
  • A complete restriction on non-Scandinavian players in the matchday squad. ie. They cannot be played in first team matches.
  • Addendum: you can loan the non-Scandinavian players out or send them to the reserves if you cannot sell them outright. They just cannot be in the matchday squad.

Much like with the British Steel's rules on winning trophies, the challenge will permit the counting of non-league champion promotions (aka playoff promotions) as winning the league title to help further your progress along.

So what you think of this new challenge being tossed into the mix? Please let me know, as in theory it sounds like a decent challenge to undertake. The question is, would you be able to best it?

Very good challenge contribution I think, as I am a swedish passport holder, born and living in Norway. I will not try this for now though as I am busy with other projects.

But the naming here is wrong... Scandinavia is only Norway, Sweden and Denmark. The 5 nations you mention here is the Nordic Region. (Norden in Norwegian, Swedish and Danish language)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2016 at 16:45, RLKDragon said:

What's going on guys, RLKDragon aka Gendo FM here, and I've got an idea for a different challenge to take for the next iteration for Football Manager. Admittedly it's not a new challenge by design, but it's new in a way that we'll be exploring a region not many football managers go to when they manage in this game:

SCANDINAVIA
A magical place filled with short days, cold nights, colorful lights, and Santa Claus (well, a football club at least).

And what's the premise you ask? Well, Timmy, the goal is to win every trophy within the five recognized nations in the extended definition of the Scandinavian region: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, and Finland.

e9b13a7f5ac86c817fcb3e0a1110309f.png

If my maths are correct, that's 23 cups/league titles to win, significantly shorter than the British Steel Challenge's number, but I feel no less difficult in achieving. And for good reason, too, since you'll be following the same rules as with the British Steel Challenge:

• No prior footballing experience and no coaching badges to start.
  • Starting either unemployed or with a team of your choosing
  • You must only use Norwegians, Swedes, Danes, Icelanders, and Finns in your first team. Meaning....
  • A complete restriction on non-Scandinavian players in the matchday squad. ie. They cannot be played in first team matches.
  • Addendum: you can loan the non-Scandinavian players out or send them to the reserves if you cannot sell them outright. They just cannot be in the matchday squad.

Much like with the British Steel's rules on winning trophies, the challenge will permit the counting of non-league champion promotions (aka playoff promotions) as winning the league title to help further your progress along.

So what you think of this new challenge being tossed into the mix? Please let me know, as in theory it sounds like a decent challenge to undertake. The question is, would you be able to best it?

After the 2016 season, the Liigacup doesn't exitst. It's been replaced with a revised Suomen Cup.

Archived