I Messed Up Big Time and I need Some Help

I spent ten years (in game) trying to help a small nation qualify for their first ever world cup and when I finally had the chance I blew it. My qualifying group was the the type in which only one team can proceed. I drew one game with 3rd place and I ended up second. I thought "no big deal and just proceeded with the game". Turns out I didn't qualify and I didn't realize this until the group stages were drawn. So this is what I want to do but I dont know how:

How can I input my country into first place or into the group stages? I have the in game editor (if that's required). Can this be done from some files I have to access? My other save file takes place about 6 months before and I don't want to restart from the beginning.

You can't as far as I know. If you really want to cheat by save and reloading, I'd advise having more regular auto-saves so you can go back. Sounds like you didn't finish as one of the three best runners-up under the slightly changed qualifying rules. It happens, quite easy to drop out if you don't top your group.

Archived