Taking charge of another team

So this is an issue that's been bothering me for a while now. Most sackings happen either in november or around march or april. By this time you've already started the season with your current team, or you could be in the quarter finals of the champions league with them. Meanwhile, a team you want to manage has approached you about taking control of them. If you refuse they'll just hire someone else, and if you join them you'll be missing out a champions league final or a title with your current team. It would be great if clubs were more lenient of using interim managers for a month or two until the season ends and you're ready to take over. Similar to what's happening now in football, Guardiola's case, Ancelotti, Mourinho etc.

I would like to see this in game to, rywilson has a point about contract but the system is pretty messed up, you can select end of season yes but only when you are past April , so basically when all games are played well thats been my experience anyways

You can delay until the end of the season for contract negotiations, but this could be done better in future editions IMO.

For example, all you're delaying is the negotiation, you're not signing a pre-contract negotiation. What would be more appropriate is if you could agree terms with the caveat that you won't be moving until the end of the season. There should then be a news item stating you've already agreed to leave, and this should be reflected in behaviours of the personnel at your club.

Archived