Player stupidity...?

It's an edited mess around game with lower league database, so it's nothing I'm 'bothered' about but this just made me lol...

Player - "I've come to discuss my lack of first team football with you, I'm starting to think i might not be up to the standard to play regularly here and have been thinking about moving on"

Me - "I can't envisage you getting first team football here, I'll look to sell you as soon as I can for the good of your career"

Player - "I don't want to leave the club. I'm happy to wait for my chance"

Huh? So which is it then?

Have you never gone to your boss saying that you feel you deserve a higher salary and are considering other offers, without actually wanting to leave?

That isn't the same though.

Especially as the player says "I'm starting to think i might not be up to the standard to play regularly here"

Player tried to bluff his way into more first team starts & backed down when you called that bluff, at least that's a possible reason.

If you saved before starting the conversation & can think of a better way for the conversation to flow it's worth raising with SI in the bugs forum.

That isn't the same though.

Especially as the player says "I'm starting to think i might not be up to the standard to play regularly here"

Yes okay I'll give you that one. I just wanted to say that it's some kind of bluffing, something certainly not unusual in real life football interactions. Now that I think about it it reminds me of women asking "I look ugly in that dress, don't I??" :)

Player tried to bluff his way into more first team starts & backed down when you called that bluff, at least that's a possible reason.

That makes sense thinking about it, chancing the idea that I might be "scared" to lose him.

Just made me laugh how he's unhappy about not playing, but he's happy to wait for his chance..

Sit down and shut up then :p

We've had our fun so probably time to pull this thread back on track after I temporarily sent it in another direction.

The exact same conversation which ends with the player saying he will leave.

You can't find any takers so you offer mutual termination.

This is rejected as the player "feels you are trying to force him out of the club".

Archived