[FM16] Becks finally owns a club! - A Create-a-Club Save

DavidBeckham

Dear all,

I haven't been able to get into FM16 as much as the previous versions due to work and with the lightening of workload, as well as the release of the winter transfer update, it's a perfect time to start a new save! I also regret to say that I will be putting the previous Journeyman save on hold and you can catch it here. (I managed to finally win the Premier League with Forest!) This time round, I'm trying out the new Create-a-Club mode and with Becks struggling in his plans for a new club in real life, I would like to attempt the same on the game. However, I will be choosing a club in the Sky Bet Championship (instead of MLS) and the selected club to be edited/replaced is Middlesbrough due to their impressive youth system :cool:

Game Status

Current Version: 16.3.0 776772 (m.e v1632)

Database Size: Large

Selected Nations (Leagues)

Denmark (Superliga Only)

England (Sky Bet Championship And Above)

Germany (First Division Only)

Italy (Serie A Only)

Norway (Premier Division Only)

Spain (LIGA BBVA Only)

Sweden (Premier Division Only)

Advanced Options

Do not Add Key Staff

Disable First Window Transfer Budgets

Prevent use of the In-Game Editor

These options were checked to add more realism to the save. ;)

Club Details

WYt2EFx.jpg?1

The previous club history has been cleared and Anchor United is starting with a clean slate!

Squad

1Tfd1ze.jpg?1

The entire Middlesbrough squad has been cleared and 27 new English players were added (limited by Middlesbrough's original club value), inclusive of a newly created player. You are allowed to create two new players on this mode and since I have never been able to manage a son regen on the game, I cannot help but create the following player on this mode..

ThBjEfT.jpg?1

He may have been over-rated by me during the creation but which father isn't a tad biased towards their own son? ;)

Manager's Profile

HFyCCSU.jpg?1

To make things more interesting, Becks will be managing his own club and he will only be allowed to sign English players and staff on the save.

And with that, we are all set and ready to go!

Great start - looking forward to seeing how this will go.

I think that Brooklyn will be playing for England in the next year or two, and you will walk the league (As long as too many players don't leave that is).

Good luck and interested to see where this goes.

Great start - looking forward to seeing how this will go.

I think that Brooklyn will be playing for England in the next year or two, and you will walk the league (As long as too many players don't leave that is).

Good luck and interested to see where this goes.

Thank you!

Brooklyn is currently in the ENG U19s and his dad is taking things slow ;) I also managed to keep the whole squad together in the first window, it's a good omen!

Good luck dude. Welcome back!

Thanks mate! Feels great to be back \o/

9GAbnWh.png

Mid-season Update 2015/2016 - Anchor United

League

PxMVkVc.jpg

PoypJf7.jpg

It has been a great start for Anchor United. We lead the pack by 5 points, scoring 24 and conceding 7 in 15 games. The only two defeats were narrow 0-1 defeats against Reading and Cardiff and we were the better side in both games. Callum Wilson has been a goal machine and I was disappointed to see him pick up an injury in the last game of this update. The pacey front-man will be out for a month and we will have to find goals from elsewhere. Otherwise.. so far, so good \o/

Capital One Cup

cWTtL35.jpg

The lads who haven't played much in the league started the first round tie against Doncaster and they impressed, progressing to the second round after a 3-0 victory. Zach Clough bagged an impressive double. The youngster found the net again in the next round against Premier League outfit Stoke but my boys fell short eventually, eliminated by the richer boys in a narrow 2-3 defeat.

9GAbnWh.png

Youth Intake 2015/2016 - Anchor United

Full Intake

PQ3qJCY.jpg

Not a bad intake considering that we are still in the Championship. A couple has potential to develop into Premier League squad players and were promptly signed up.

Gary Evans

4Odx4r9.jpg

Gary's Handling, One On Ones & Reflexes are top class for a 16-year-old but he needs to work on his positioning and agility before he can be considered for the first team.

Ben Allingham

YAJDala.jpg

Ben is physically good enough but needs major improvement in his defensive technicals and mentals before he can get a game in the top flight.

Eric Nyarko

N85Sh6y.jpg

Eric is good on the set-pieces but needs to polish up on his technique and passing or he will find it hard to keep the ball at the highest level.

9GAbnWh.png

Season Review 2015/2016 - Anchor United

League

mi5O4qn.jpg

It was comfortable in the end as we bagged the title with 8 games to go, breaking the Championship's record points total with 114 from 46 games. It was no surprise as Becks was able to put together a well-balanced squad with Middlesbrough's squad value and of course, not forgetting the creation of the excellent Becks Junior. With the promotion to the world's most expensive league, the real challenge starts now.

Awards

arOZ32K.jpg

6 in the team of the year with Chambers on the bench \o/

0y5s13r.jpg

Pleasing to see the lad bag the young player of the year award after a very productive season down our left flank!

RkVRBUW.jpg

Wilson proved he's too good for the league as he finished comfortably clear of his rivals to grab the top goal scorer award :cool:

vuBK435.jpg

ZUQlWy4.jpg

The son's gonna be so special and I have never seen someone accumulate so many assists in a single season. And of course, he bossed Anchor United's first ever end of the season awards. Unbelievable Jeff.

Bkon6Xj.jpg

:*)

FA Cup (knocked out in fifth round)

vJHYOne.jpg

I couldn't be more pleased with the lads' work in this season's FA Cup campaign. We took revenge for Capital One Cup's exit by knocking out Stoke in the Third Round, before eliminating Wigan at the second time of asking at the next hurdle. Tottenham were our next opponents and the boys did well not to get outclassed as we fell to a narrow 0-1 defeat eventually. No disgrace.

Capital One Cup (knocked out in second round)

cWTtL35.jpg

As written in the mid season update.

a2gyYrW.jpg

Great season from the first ever Anchor United squad. Most of the team will be kept together for the next campaign and hopefully, they can keep us up in the top flight.

Top 3 Players

Unsurprisingly, the three award winners were our top 3 players of the campaign. Becks Junior, goal machine Callum Wilson & wing wonder Patrick Roberts were the well-deserved winners in that order.

9GAbnWh.png

Preseason 2016/2017 - Anchor United

Board Expectations

English Premier League: Qualify for Europa League

FA Cup: Not important

Capital One Cup: Not important

How's this possible? In our first season back in the top flight, the board expects us to qualify for Europa League through participation in the league. A mid table finish would be a terrific achievement in my opinion. Lets hope Becks survive the sack :(

Budgets

Transfer: 35.87 million pounds

Wages: 925k pounds

We have the money but we can only buy English players as part of the rules on the save. Most of the squad will be kept together for our debut in the world's most expensive league.

Transfers

NpHddsK.jpg

5 came in for a total of 32.1 million pounds and 2 left for 9.2. Jed Steer demanded first team football when he is not exactly good enough and I had to let him go for 2.2 million pounds. Bidwell was never going to develop into the level the club aspires to and I was happy to let him go to Stoke for 7 millions pounds .

Key Signings

Ryan Shawcross

We needed an upgrade on our central defense and Ryan was the only choice on the market. As a result, we had to fork out 16 million pounds for him and hopefully the big man can repay our faith in him.

Jame Wilson

There are now two Wilsons in the squad as we snapped the quick striker up on loan from Old Trafford. James will provide quality back-up to Callum in the advance forward role.

Charlie Taylor

Charlie arrives from Leeds United and he is certainly an upgrade on the outgoing Bidwell at left-back. He will compete with Galloway for a spot in our back four in the upcoming campaign \o/

Well done on promotion
Well done on promotion with Team Beckham.

Thanks as usual guys!

Nice work on promotion, bad work on signing Shawcross... ;)

Thanks mate! We needed to add to Keane, Dawson & Turner and Shawcross was the only upgrade available :(

Archived