Cheap Punt Transfer Strategy?

I'm in the Championship and decided to call in my scouts from around the world and concentrate solely on the UK - yet left two scouting regionally in Africa.

Reason for this is that I've found I can pick up teenagers with 2 to 5 star potential for £5k-£150k and wages around £100-£500pw on two year contracts with option for two more seasons. I then loan them right back. I've some U20 internationals, and first team 15 year olds, and probably spent around £800,000 doing so.

I've had one season in the Prem so have money to burn, and though I'm gambling with roughly 10-20% scout stats it could pay off if I get that one big player.

Has anyone had success doing this, and probably isn't that far off what Chelsea do IRL.

I found two Moroccan kids in my game playing for the same team spent 900k to buy them both, 6 years on they are fully developed and cornerstones of my Leeds team. It took about 12-18 months for them to get work permits after loans but both are worth £50m or so now each. I was very lucky because one of my affiliates had some North African scouting and my chairmen allowed scouting abroad despite my Leeds team being in league 1.

I also regularly find African kids available for peanuts but of late don't buy them as much unless they have a chance at being more than a backup. Funnily enough Toronto fc seem to produce really good regens in my game as well.

Has anyone had success doing this, and probably isn't that far off what Chelsea do IRL.

Had success before, but they need first-team expose to develop fully. Also, if your following Chelsea's buy-loan-repeat strategy - you won't be able to mould the player how you want via training/tutoring while he is out on loan

Archived