The smallest team in FM?

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Heavily, heavily subsidised by a millionaire owner though. They were paying higher wages than Aberdeen, one of Scotlands "richer" sides, while four divisions below them.

Yeah, and duly paid the price.

I'd forgotten about this marvellous thread - right up my street. I'm waiting for the full FM17 with editor on Nov 4th, and DanBHTFC to complete his mammoth 23-level English file which I will adapt to add plenty of tiny village teams. He's over in the editors' hideaway forum if anyone's interested.

SV Austria Salzburg is not really a "small" club in Austria, for Austrian standards. The entire league is just a huge clown fiesta with small teams (on international level) but SVA Salzburg is not a small team.

I think the 2 smallest teams in terms of everything for Austria are either TSV Grein or SC Melk.

Look at the criterias for the list again.

And you are a Red Bull fan apparently.

Then you should not talk about the real club in Salzburg. :applause:

Edit:

But thanks for the suggestions - will try and read something about those two.

Did not mean to be rude or anything like that - I just feel really strongly about the Red Bull company.

Don't take it personal. (;

5 hours ago, Double Indemnity said:

A potentially interesting one is Gernika Club. I believe they follow the same Basque cantera policy as Bilbao, but in the Spanish third tier. Now that's a challenge.

Interesting choice.

I do think that they are affiliated with Athletic Club in some way.

You have a source about them having a cantera policy?

If they do I might want to try them.

16 minutes ago, qaz said:

I'm sure it's already been covered , but in the level 24 extended database it's possible to play as Keymer and Hassocks.  An amateur team in the 24th tier of English football 

Heh, someone's even prepared a 3D kit for them! Will be downloading Dan's file as soon as he's good and ready :thup:

On 3.11.2016 at 16:33, IsthmianCorinthian14 said:

Look at the criterias for the list again.

And you are a Red Bull fan apparently.

Then you should not talk about the real club in Salzburg. :applause:

Edit:

But thanks for the suggestions - will try and read something about those two.

Did not mean to be rude or anything like that - I just feel really strongly about the Red Bull company.

Don't take it personal. (;

There is only one real club in Salzburg, and that is Red Bull.

Not our fault Austria Salzburg is just so stupid and cant run a club. How many times did they get bancrupt already, getting a forced relegation because the management is not smart enough to handle money and a club. Austria Salzburg is not special, they are not worthy of a save because their management ruined the own club.

All that does not matter to me. I would never support Red Bull if they came to my country and bought a club.

The big difference to me is Red Bull did not care about any history and were directly ridiculing and evil to the fans who protested. 

That is some of the reasons SV Austria Salzburg were reborn. 

For me community and fan owned clubs will always be more interesting, than soulless sell-out clubs, controlled by companys who dont care about people.

But for me there is no more to discuss. 

I, and the majority of the football world, have other opinions of what football really is about. Let's just leave it at that, instead of playing the victim and hate card again, when people rightfully criticise Red Bull and hold them acountable for their actions.

• 1 month later...

Suggestions are welcome. Would be interesting to have especially clubs from Africa, Oceania, Asia and the America continents on the list.

I hope somebody have found inspiration in this list and thread, to have some good saves - or maybe even doing some research on their own, and perhaps getting interested to following new clubs.

Archived