Away sides always in second kit

Noticing in my game as Dorchester Town, who play in a Newcastle-style kit, that nearly every team wears its away kit - even when the opposition play in red or blue shirts.

Why would black and white conflict with plain red? I'm sure Arsenal don't play in their second kit when they're playing Newcastle.

It's been like it for several versions, and is very annoying - especially at lower levels where it rarely happens IRL. What's more annoying is when it changes from a kit that doesn't clash at all to use a third kit which is far closer to a clash. That's also fairly regular.

For what it's worth, in FM Arsenal actually do play in their red home kit away to Newcastle, but oddly, in the return fixture Newcastle wear their third kit.

FM has struggled with kit clashes for a good few versions now, especially where stripes and hoops are concerned.

I'd hoped FM16 would finally, finally be the version let us choose which kits each team wore. Unfortunately not. Granted, it's "unrealistic" to have a human manager choosing the strips for both sides- it's even more unrealistic for a ref to allow a kit clash, and a disadvantage to human managers to boot, since the AI manager doesn't "see" the clash.

Archived