Loan to Permanent mid season.

Had a Colombian come in on a season's loan with a work permit, and then negotiated a deal in January to sign him.

But I have one message saying I can conclude the transfer, and another saying the work permit has been turned down but can loan him out to other clubs.

The two messages seemed to contradict each other and just want to know if this is a bug, or if I were to sign him, my main midfielder wont be able to play.

Thanks.

Makes sense to me. To be eligible to play for you under his new permanent deal, he needs a new work permit. The application was rejected, however, so he will be ineligible to play if you complete the transfer. Nothing is stopping you signing him, you just need to loan him out to somewhere like Belgium where he can work without a permit (or let him sit at home with his feet up on your dime).

It seems to me that the best move would be to cancel the deal for now so that you can continue using him for the remainder of the loan spell, then try to sign him again in the off-season and hope that he will have his application approved then.

This would only be a bug if he should've been approved to work, yet the permit was rejected. Or if he should not have needed to apply for a new permit (I don't live in UK, I don't know how it works in real life; seems a pain in the butt to have to apply for a new one after less than 6 months though!).

Makes sense to me. To be eligible to play for you under his new permanent deal, he needs a new work permit. The application was rejected, however, so he will be ineligible to play if you complete the transfer. Nothing is stopping you signing him, you just need to loan him out to somewhere like Belgium where he can work without a permit (or let him sit at home with his feet up on your dime).

It seems to me that the best move would be to cancel the deal for now so that you can continue using him for the remainder of the loan spell, then try to sign him again in the off-season and hope that he will have his application approved then.

This would only be a bug if he should've been approved to work, yet the permit was rejected. Or if he should not have needed to apply for a new permit (I don't live in UK, I don't know how it works in real life; seems a pain in the butt to have to apply for a new one after less than 6 months though!).

It is because the circumstances have now changed, 1 year loan versus potential 5 year contract, New agreement new work permit

Unfortunately the way it works with footballers in the UK is that every time they sign a new contract they must apply for a new work permit.

Archived