Potential Ability Drop

I have the feeling the potential ability stars dropped if the potential youngster not have enough playing time. Because some of my potential youngster with 4+ stars start to dropping to 3 stars or below 2,5 stars because of not having enough playing time.

Potential ability is static and can't change. However his star rating can change based on how he is progressing and how strong your current side is because that's what the player is rated again, your current players in those positions. So if you have a worldclass side a 3.5 star rating can still be a 5 star player.

Potential ability is static and can't change. However his star rating can change based on how he is progressing and how strong your current side is because that's what the player is rated again, your current players in those positions. So if you have a worldclass side a 3.5 star rating can still be a 5 star player.

but if you don't develop him, then there's a very possible chance that the player won't become as good (see Rodwell irl)

if you've sat him in your reserves for a few years (with minimal gametime), then his potential max CA will decrease, leading to a lower realisable ability (as players won't improve forever)

but if you don't develop him, then there's a very possible chance that the player won't become as good (see Rodwell irl)

if you've sat him in your reserves for a few years (with minimal gametime), then his potential max CA will decrease, leading to a lower realisable ability (as players won't improve forever)

No his potential ability will always be the same it can't change, it's static. How he is rated though will change. That's different to his potential ability actually changing.

I think he means the potential ability still the same, but that player rated cannot fullfil . And therefor his rating (stars) is dropped. Maybe if the player sold to suitable team and get guaranteed first place, he can still fulfill his maximum PA.

thanks saint, that's what I meant

I know the PA is a static figure, but his peak CA won't necessarily be the same as his PA

Example Player: 100 CA, 180PA

if you plonk him in the reserves for 4 years with minimal first-team action, then he'll still have the 180PA, but he'll most likely fail to realise it, and that's why his potential stars drop - he won't develop continuously, giving a possible CA peak of less

if you decided to play him regularly (or sell him on) then he can get the gametime needed to develop to the 180 that is his peak

edit: I've had this happen on several occasions throughout my FM career, signing up a talented youngster, who can't break the first team and ends up stagnating due to a lack of gametime (2-3 years of reserve/u21 action really stunts development)

and this is why I now prefer to loan out my youngsters, as long as they get regular first team action, then I don't mind where they go (which I think is similar to what Chelsea do IRL)

thanks saint, that's what I meant

I know the PA is a static figure, but his peak CA won't necessarily be the same as his PA

Example Player: 100 CA, 180PA

if you plonk him in the reserves for 4 years with minimal first-team action, then he'll still have the 180PA, but he'll most likely fail to realise it, and that's why his potential stars drop - he won't develop continuously, giving a possible CA peak of less

if you decided to play him regularly (or sell him on) then he can get the gametime needed to develop to the 180 that is his peak

edit: I've had this happen on several occasions throughout my FM career, signing up a talented youngster, who can't break the first team and ends up stagnating due to a lack of gametime (2-3 years of reserve/u21 action really stunts development)

and this is why I now prefer to loan out my youngsters, as long as they get regular first team action, then I don't mind where they go (which I think is similar to what Chelsea do IRL)

I know all of this but you kept mentioning his max potential. For anyone reading the thread they could be confused and thought that PA changed. I just wanted to make it one thousand percent clear that it did not.

Archived